BASS BARN banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know when Richard's Buttonwood Marina ramp opens for business? I called the # listed on the sign out front -609-467-9173. I got some funky operator recording.

I swung by there yesterday and saw they had it cabled off :(

Or...

How about the ramp on Old Ferry Rd? It looks like Atlantic Subsea's barge is blocking the ramp. The ramp was a mess last year. This year it's not looking any better :(

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Ron, the ramp on the Old Ferry Rd. is closed and will stay closed. I stopped in and spoke to the owners at Atlantic Subsea last year and they said it would stay closed. I'll see what I can find out about Buttonwood.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Ron Redington said:
Does anyone know when Richard's Buttonwood Marina ramp opens for business? I called the # listed on the sign out front -609-467-9173. I got some funky operator recording.

I swung by there yesterday and saw they had it cabled off :(

Or...

How about the ramp on Old Ferry Rd? It looks like Atlantic Subsea's barge is blocking the ramp. The ramp was a mess last year. This year it's not looking any better :(
Ron,
Gatrid and I were at Buttonwood Marina today. They were open and we checked with the lady attendent there for the launch fee. It is $20. There were about half a dozen trailers in the lot of folks who launched earlier.

Don't know about Old Ferry Rd ramp.

We also saw a nice free ramp on the river in Pennsville on Rivera St. and a nice free ramp on the south side of the Salem River almost at the mouth. These two ramps may be free but a Deleware liscense would more than likely be required to fish these areas south of the DMB.

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike said:
Ron, the ramp on the Old Ferry Rd. is closed and will stay closed. I stopped in and spoke to the owners at Atlantic Subsea last year and they said it would stay closed. I'll see what I can find out about Buttonwood.
Yeh...after last year, I kinda figured the Old Ferry Rd. ramp was doomed :(

The good / bad news is, at least there's still a glimmer of hope at Buttonwood (based on what finaddict5 saw yesterday).

$20 Ramp Fee :eek:

Thanx for the comeback!

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
finaddict5 said:
Ron,
Gatrid and I were at Buttonwood Marina today. They were open and we checked with the lady attendent there for the launch fee. It is $20. There were about half a dozen trailers in the lot of folks who launched earlier.
Hmmm...my guess is they either A. Just opened this weekend or B. No one fishes / launches on Fridays :)

In any case, it's good to know the ramps open.

Don't know about Old Ferry Rd ramp.
Based on what I've seen / heard, we can kiss that ramp goodbye.

When I drove past the other day, there was so much Atlantic Subsea equipment in the yard, you couldn't get a trailer in there if ya wanted to :(

We also saw a nice free ramp on the river in Pennsville on Rivera St. and a nice free ramp on the south side of the Salem River almost at the mouth. These two ramps may be free but a Deleware liscense would more than likely be required to fish these areas south of the DMB.
Yep, there's also one accross the bridge in Chester.

Let's see....

$20 Ramp Fee
$20 Fuel
$15 Bait (if ya fish bait)
$12 WaWa
$40 Non Resident Delaware License

= $107 ta fish the river :rolleyes:

...I'm starting to wonder how difficult golfing really is ;)

Thanx for the info!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Let's see....

$20 Ramp Fee
$20 Fuel
$15 Bait (if ya fish bait)
$12 WaWa
$40 Non Resident Delaware License

= $107 ta fish the river :rolleyes:
You forgot the money we'll spend in Kleenex when we get skunked and pay those prices.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Bait

Ron $15 for Bait,What are ya usin Night Crawlers:D.Just learn the Upriver spots alittle better and talk to LittleNet.Then you could just launch from West Deptford and pay $10 to launch and $5 for Gas that would give you more money for Bloodworms.Oh get some Herring too its been hot;) .If you need any help upstream shoot me an e-mail,HRL:D

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bunka Chunka said:
Just learn the Upriver spots alittle better and talk to LittleNet.
Who you think turned Little Net onto all those "Up River Spots" ;)

We grew up nextdoor to each other on Columbia Blvd (3 blocks from Beach Hill). Needless to say we've made a few trips together :)

BTW, I can't tell ya the last time I bought a bloodworm. I took a guess with the $15 thing. The last time I remember fishing Bloodworms, we used to get'em from Bob Jewis's Dad :)

I appreciate the "upstream" offer. I'll keep that in mind. Thanx!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Ron the phone number is correct on the sign except that it is actually an 856 exchange now not 609. If you call that number you can leave a message.

Ya $20 for a ramp fee that's a hard one to live:( with but I guess it is the supply and demand thing at work.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Yep

Ron Redington said:
Who you think turned Little Net onto all those "Up River Spots" ;)

We grew up nextdoor to each other on Columbia Blvd (3 blocks from Beach Hill). Needless to say we've made a few trips together :)

BTW, I can't tell ya the last time I bought a bloodworm. I took a guess with the $15 thing. The last time I remember fishing Bloodworms, we used to get'em from Bob Jewis's Dad :)

I appreciate the "upstream" offer. I'll keep that in mind. Thanx!
Ron I know I was just bustin stones I know the history;) Just listen to what i am saying go North man,The Cows just ran into the magic temp and its not down there.,,HRL:D

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GABTRID said:
Ron the phone number is correct on the sign except that it is actually an 856 exchange now not 609. If you call that number you can leave a message.
Ah Ha! The ole' exchange switcheroo!

Thanx to everyone who replied, I'm gonna save my cell phone minutes.

I know the deal now :)

Ya $20 for a ramp fee that's a hard one to live:( with but I guess it is the supply and demand thing at work.
That's a fine example of good ole' American capitalism :)

Thanx for the info!

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bunka Chunka said:
Ron I know I was just bustin stones I know the history;)
I know ya do :) And I knew you were busting'em :)

Just listen to what i am saying go North man,The Cows just ran into the magic temp and its not down there.,,HRL:D
I hear what yer screamin'! We were just trying to take my buddies new boat for a blast, without having to travel to far.

Thanx for the info!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts