BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fished Raccoon Creek for stripers in the early season? I remember my brother-in-law telling me it was good fishing but I?ve never tried it. Is there a place to park and fish from shore?

·
Registered
13,997 Posts
Scott, boat fishing for the most part. I used to fish near the rte 130 bridge in late summer/fall for smallish stripers on topwater action. Shore access near the big river is very limited though.

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
There's nowhere to fish from shore Scott. There is a public boat yard and you can fish in the mouth of the creek or out in the river most days with your boat. Come off the CB brindge 130 south make the first right before the creek and follow down to "Bridgeport Boat Yard". $10 ramp fee and you're in.

·
Registered
32,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it worth it to trailer and launch the boat in that area in the first week of March or should I look elsewhere? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Scott you may be better off on the Ocean side for the opener.We usually dont start picking em til 3rd week of March then all hell will break loose.Action usually peaks around 2-3rd week of April,HRL

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Originally posted by Bunka Chunka:
Scott you may be better off on the Ocean side for the opener.We usually dont start picking em til 3rd week of March then all hell will break loose.Action usually peaks around 2-3rd week of April,HRL
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I agree with Harry Scott. Especially since it finally decided to get cold here recently.

·
Registered
741 Posts
We used to fish it before the word got out. I have seen 3 fish 50+ pounds caught there. When you hit it right it can be non stop action on all good size fish. We haven't fished there in about 10 years.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Asking for a friend -- is the gate to the ramp down in Ridley for Delaware river access locked? When would it open? And is the dock down in Chester near the Comm. Barry bridge in the water yet? Looking for March access to the Delaware River --- Thanks.

·
Registered
32,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the responses guys. I'm not sure when I'll get out, though. I was thinking about playing hookey from work one day and giving it a try.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts