BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Wow thats a tough one... its going to come down to the scanner type. I like the Raymarine open arrays, but the garmin are tough to beat. I used to hate garmin radar untill i saw a 2k unit that would blow the ray out of the water.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow thats a tough one... its going to come down to the scanner type. I like the Raymarine open arrays, but the garmin are tough to beat. I used to hate garmin radar untill i saw a 2k unit that would blow the ray out of the water.
Thanks...I haven't used or seen a Garmin radar yet on the water...love their GPS...but unsure of the radar.

·
Registered
286 Posts
radar

what type of boat do you have?Right now Raymarine is selling the C80 with a 2kw dome.Garmin has the 4kw digital radar.There is a difference between the two.We have both on demo at our showroom.Give me a call and I can help you understand the difference and recommend the best choice for you and your boat.Thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
Garmin Radar

For your boat I would go with the Garmin Radar.The Raymarine is a nice unit but it is the older style radar where as with Garmin you have a choice of Digital or HD Digital.The Raymarine unit is a 2KW radar and the Garmin is 4KW radar.With the Digital or HD Digital you have better seperation with targets.Also the Raymarine is closing out the C80 models.The Garmin is preloaded with charts and comes with a Gps Ant. With the Raymarine unit you would have to buy the GPS Ant and charts.We have installed many Garmin systems with Autopilots and never had any communication issues.The Garmin now has a dedicated neg. for NMEA which works real well.Garmin also uses NMEA 2000 for many of its componets which helps if there is any additional equipment that is NMEA 2000.We are Certified Dealers for both companies, please let me know if you have any other questions.Thanks

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Be careful of the Garmin GPS if you plan on an auto pilot.Garmins do not work right with Simrad auto pilots.
We will beat any price you get.Call us last.
We have a 4210 Garmin and EMC installed a Simrad pilot and we have no issues at all!!

BTW,Brian,the signature looks good;);)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.