BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully looking at picking up a good deal at AC show this year.... Our boats 23' cc so height will limit how much power we actually need... Budget won't allow us high end pieces... Looking at furuno 1715...

What are your suggestions?

·
Registered
20,268 Posts
Had a 1715 (maybe it was a 1712.... older model) several boats ago. For your boat this will do everything you need it to from a safety standpoint... navigate in the dark and the fog, but you are only going to see birds if the flock is huge...

I did have a sun glare issue....

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
you can do a gamin 3205 for under $500 and a 4kw gmr 18 dome for under $900. Gives you a high rez color screen, chat plotter with built in charts, radar overlay, and 36 mile range for ~$1300. works real nice on my boat.

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you can do a gamin 3205 for under $500 and a 4kw gmr 18 dome for under $900. Gives you a high rez color screen, chat plotter with built in charts, radar overlay, and 36 mile range for ~$1300. works real nice on my boat.
Hey man I didn't realize you were fight club I've seen you in here over the years!!! Were way out d70... You are a but closer to main dock :). Sweet rig!!! Thanks for the insight

·
Registered
286 Posts
Furuno 1715 Radar

Chef, the Furuno will be perfect for your needs on a 23' boat. It has a 24NM range but you will not go past 12nm. It has a nice LCD display and is very user friendly. We will be at the AC show and may have one on display. Please stop by and see us. Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.