BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was driving on the 9th st bridge and noticed some sort of barge sitting in the water in rainbow channel. also noticed several construction vehicles parked up and down the causeway. anyone know whats goin on? are they building that new bridge already?

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Not just yet,actually they had a major repair
job going on the bridge with the lane closer's
over the weekend..The holes in the Bridge have
gotten so bad due the Winter Weather and Salting
of the road..I saw holes the size of trashcan
lids,you could see the water thru them...
I would be amazed if the bridge lasts until
the Rt52 Re-construction begins in ernest....

[ 02-17-2004, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
317 Posts
I kept my boat in ocean city last year and there was a guy there who worked on the bridges. he had a skiff tied up next to me. i asked him if he was going fishing one day and that is how i found out he worked on the bridges. he told me that nobody knows what horrible shape the bridges are in down there and that people would be scared ****less every time they went over one if they really knew. far26 was there also and i do notice a funny look on his face every time we go over a bridge since then. i never ask him though for fear of embarrasing him.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
I stopped looking under those bridges 10 years ago for that reason. I do like the out the window cast idea but them it would be trolling

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
If you wanna see something real scary, go under it in a kayak during the day, byt wear a helmet so the falling concrete doesn't knock you out. :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts