BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are the specs RCLB79MH CG 7'9" 1 30-80lbs MH 4-10oz X-fast 8.17oz blank
I have a RCLB70M Rainshadow acid wrap now and am very happy with it other than it is a little heavy fishing all day. It has eva grips. I was thinking of doing a RCLB79MH with cork grips in acid wrap configuration. Main use will be togging from my boat with 4 to 10 oz of weight and fluking with 4 to 5 oz bucktails. I will be using a torium 14 or a fathom 12 as the reel. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Not familiar with that blank, I just built a tog/fluke/wreck rod on a lamiglass 15-30 blank acid wrapped and I'm hoping it's not too heavy (2-8 oz or so), then again I prefer a lighter action. Check out mhx (if you want graphite) or seeker/lamiglass (if you want fiberglass). They have a few blanks including a 20-40 that I will be using for my dads next wreck rod.

One of the things I did to save weight is build the butt of the rod out of a 980 carbon tube with graphite arbors every 3/4". Huge weight savings over cork or Eva. I also did a cork front handle, and graphite/aluminum reel seat. I'll be posting pics of mine tommarow after its done spinning on the dryer overnight.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Here are the specs RCLB79MH CG 7'9" 1 30-80lbs MH 4-10oz X-fast 8.17oz blank
I have a RCLB70M Rainshadow acid wrap now and am very happy with it other than it is a little heavy fishing all day. It has eva grips. I was thinking of doing a RCLB79MH with cork grips in acid wrap configuration. Main use will be togging from my boat with 4 to 10 oz of weight and fluking with 4 to 5 oz bucktails. I will be using a torium 14 or a fathom 12 as the reel. What do you guys think?

I love the rainshadows-getting that same blank you said to wrap as tuna poppn stick-for VS200, I've recently wrapped the rclb80xl-and two of the 967 rx7 graphite 8'ers, the 80xl is an unstoppable tuna/big striper rod, but the rx7graphite is sick-and superlight-I'm sure the 79MH will be decent for toggn-I'd go with the stiffer one though-from 60-100-I forget the numbers...

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
just got back from the show at High Point,was handling this blank. it is now on my Personnal list! Batson / Rainshadow Very light overall
RCLB 70 m is over 10OZ
ISWB947 M 7'10" 1 25-60lbs 4-10 oz 0.850 9.0 Fast XH 7.60oz Magnum bass swimbaits / medium - medium heavy salt water $181.93

1 - 5 of 5 Posts