BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I hope everyone has a great fishing season this year. I've decided to explore the Margate area this season. Can anyone tell me where I can find a ramp? Any other pointers for this area?

·
Registered
13 Posts
You have several options. The closest ramp is at Hackneys Marina on the Margate Causway. There is also a free ramp at Ski Beach at the end of Dorset Ave in Ventnor Heights. In Somers Point you have the ramp at Somers Point Marina on Bay Ave and Kennedy Park just south of the Crab Trap Rest. Also you may want to consider the new free ramp under the causeway bridge leading into Ocean City next to Waterfront Marina.

Good luck out there and enjoy

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Many years ago I used the one at Dorset Ave. Gotta be careful at low tide. Ran out of concrete.

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
You hae to watch the tide at Hackney's too... might suggest Kennedy park... have not seen the new one at the new bridge.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yes watch do Dorset ave at low tide, it's very shallow past the concrete landing

Eelball is right, the new ramp next to the new bridge is very nice. The concrete runs very far under water and it's a steep ramp which I like especially at high tide. I've seen some very large boats being dropped and picked up at the lowest point of the tide with zero issues

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts