BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots o bass on the temperature breaks that Dusky Talked about. I just saw his report - wish I saw it yesterday as to not waste time prior to finding the fish.

fish were 20-30 pounds - boated roughly 30 bass

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Originally posted by Chris Gatley:
Lots o bass on the temperature breaks that Dusky Talked about. I just saw his report - wish I saw it yesterday as to not waste time prior to finding the fish.

fish were 20-30 pounds - boated roughly 30 bass
Chris, What a life you have ;) Just like I told you the other day seek & you shall find.I hope the kid's your taking out today hook up with some of those slob's.

Art

[ 06-14-2005, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: The real Clamman ]

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Chris,
I've been checking the temp charts and looking for the colder water. That's been saving me even more time. Find the colder water. Find the Striped ones.

Nice catch

·
Registered
492 Posts
Pgoins checking the temp charts for inshore fishing ? Did not realize they showed breaks inshore of three miles ? It would be my guess a satalite 23 thousand miles in orbit might be swayed by land tempretures that close to shore. All the temp charts I have ever examined show inshore of 25 miles as a constant. Which chart service are you looking at ?

Hey Chris what boat you running ? If you see us stop by and say hello !

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Phil,Chris is out fishing now he's running a The V23 CC Mid Atlantic Demo Boat for Black Lab Marine's, Pacific Skiff.

The boat is sweet and you can't miss him.

Art

[ 06-14-2005, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: The real Clamman ]

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Bullet proof that's a possiblity :D he,he

Art

[ 06-14-2005, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: The real Clamman ]

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Dusky, I'm privied to a couple of paid sites. And so far they have been real good. Last week I saw a nice cold spot of LI. I had a charter that night and checked it out. It was all out mayhem all afternoon. Water was almost 4 degrees cooler at then spot.

Ofcourse if its cloudy your screwed. More subtle breaks are more difficult to dicern inshore I agree. But 4 degree breaks show up real good. I'm not sure if I's call them breaks. I guess they're are best described as cold water eddy's. Maybe someone else could chime in.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
phil, paul, art etc---

that cold water break yielded only 1 bass today. we managed to get 8 bass in the boat before we split at 9:30 or so. yesterdays fish either headed south and we hit them today or i found some new ones. my little cousin got his first real bass at 25 pounds (first fish was in the chessie and was 21 inches). he then followed up with a light 47 incher weighing in at 35 pounds.

fish came from 63 degree water and super super super super close to shore. as for the boat. there are 5 of these in the region. mine has a white johnson on it. I just want you to know because the other one i saw yesterday was doing things that could get me shot and I don't want to see if my boat is bullet proof just yet.

chris

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Originally posted by Chris Gatley:
phil, paul, art etc---

that cold water break yielded only 1 bass today. we managed to get 8 bass in the boat before we split at 9:30 or so. yesterdays fish either headed south and we hit them today or i found some new ones. my little cousin got his first real bass at 25 pounds (first fish was in the chessie and was 21 inches). he then followed up with a light 47 incher weighing in at 35 pounds.

fish came from 63 degree water and super super super super close to shore. as for the boat. there are 5 of these in the region. mine has a white johnson on it. I just want you to know because the other one i saw yesterday was doing things that could get me shot and I don't want to see if my boat is bullet proof just yet.

chris
This may sound like a dumb question....but being those boats are aluminum...do they get super hot in the sun?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.