BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With ½ bushel of clams and three fresh bunker, I launched at the Keyport ramp at 5:30 am in favorable conditions, Noreast wind 5 to 10mph.
First, I scoped out the area recommended by a fellow Bass Barner,Phil K., anchoring in 15 feet of water I quickly had action, And just as quickly was cut off 3 times in a row.

Feeling confident and optimistic I ventured out across the bay watching the fleet gather on both sides of the Reach. I headed to the Statin Island Side, read some fish and tossed the hook in 23 feet. Tossing a chunk and a clam in no time flat had a healthy 12 pound bass in a one handed however awkward net. That was it for the bass, traffic no doubt having it?s effect.

For the day I boated 3 blues, 1 bass and lost 6 other bluefish on what was my first trip on the ?right day? in my 14 foot ?Sea Monkey?.

By the way, there was bunker activity outside Great Kills, I snagged two after some work but was not able to capitalize.

[ 05-07-2006, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: SeaMonkey ]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tony,
I thought you might have ventured into the world of private boating, haven't seen you! A 14 footer!!! I would have figured you for something on the lines of 25+....Best of luck!! capt.ron
ps:Bring some more chum!!!

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
A 14ft boat in Raritan Bay.....i don't know about it. I have seen it pretty rough out there. Nice to see you on here Capt Ron!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Tony give'em hell we all started somewhere and a good weather eye and that 14 ft can get you to the fish. Some guys over react.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.