BASS BARN banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning my first outing on my Trophy 1901 Bay Pro on May 3. I know it's late but gas prices are putting the crunch on me. Can anyone say if you think the stripers will be in Raritan by that date or should I look south? Thank you so much for any info. I can't wait to get out on the water!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
They will be there because they are alreay there. ;):)
The bait is thick, the temp is creeping up, the resident schoolies are starting to strap on the feedbags, and the bite is picking up south.

All the stars are in order. :)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Raritan Bay Stripers

Pro hit the nail on the head by may they should be in full swing. As of now you see a few shorts here and there. The other day i left the house only to see a cloud of gannets pounding the water in by the sailboats by keyport. Keep your eyes open for some posts they should be getting mre frequent any time now.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
raritan bay

Johan said:
I am planning my first outing on my Trophy 1901 Bay Pro on May 3. I know it's late but gas prices are putting the crunch on me. Can anyone say if you think the stripers will be in Raritan by that date or should I look south? Thank you so much for any info. I can't wait to get out on the water!!!!!!
normaly the back of the bay on the new jersey sid e warms up fast small bass will be on the feed with winter flounder. You can get them on sand worms and or clams earl on . Anchor up and clam chum . I have had good results this way. But remember its fishun. you never know. I will be out there before May .I will post a report. but not a specific location .The mods and anglers get mad.I think they call it burning. good luck

·
Registered
80 Posts
Johan

I will also be doing weekly trips to the striper grounds of the raritan bay all spring, im traveling from the Bethlehem area,(WHAT AREA OF PA ARE U)GAS PRICES WILL BE A FACTOR, BUT LIFE WITHOUT STRIPER FISHING IS NO LIFE AT ALL.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Raritan

I'm from Hellertown. We should get together sometime for some fishing. Shoot me an email if you get the chance. My email is [email protected] (I'm a biology teacher at Saucon Valley School District). I have a good crew of friends that love to fish and we usually do fairly well at Raritan. You're right about the gas. Although it's putting the crunch on me I just can't let it effect something as important as fishing!!!!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Johan said:
I'm from Hellertown. We should get together sometime for some fishing. Shoot me an email if you get the chance. My email is [email protected] (I'm a biology teacher at Saucon Valley School District). I have a good crew of friends that love to fish and we usually do fairly well at Raritan. You're right about the gas. Although it's putting the crunch on me I just can't let it effect something as important as fishing!!!!
Wow Johan, I'm from Hellertown also. You never know who your going to meet on the Bass Barn......LOL.....Greg.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
South Amboy

Lots of scoolies off the beach spok to a few guys who caught upward of 20 fish the past few evenings. No keepers all just under 28.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thats prime time Johan. Make sure you have got fresh bait.(bunker's) and have at it. The biggest bass we got last year was on April 30 and the water was still relatively cold.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Bmjudo, Johan, No Mojo...I live in Palmer township and get down the bay quite a bit in the spring. I'm going to try to make sure I have 2 other people with me to offset the fuel prices. It would be nice to hook up out on the water sometime. I got to do the shad fishing in the Delaware first.
I have other friends that also live in Hellertown that I shad fish and striper fish down the bay with.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Raritan Bay ?

Those PA guys , I'm from that region as well ,fish RB in spring etc. looking for guys sometimes on weekdays when I primarily fish , contact if interested [email protected], might be able to get together .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts