BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out Friday at Atlantic Highlands aboard the Fisherman captained by Capt. Ron Stanee for another shot at stripers. Weather, tides and stripers cooperated. Captain Ron kept us on top of fish all day. Boat ended up with over forty fish to 15 lbs. Hopefully will get another chance next week. Thanks again Captain for a great trip.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i've been wanting to trailer my boat up there
and try somewhere different. sounds like now
would be good time. anybody know a good port
to depart from?

andy

·
Registered
278 Posts
You can go out of Keyport Andy...Its a 10.00 pay ramp and your not far from where the bite is...From what i'm hearing the bite is at the triangle and Perthamboy area.....Good luck and i'll be up there some time this week....And also there are some 15 to 20lb. blues running around...See ya Pazman

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Andy right there at the Atlantic Highlands Marina. They have a great ramp and it will put you out right near the ammo pier, good luck.

·
Banned
12,837 Posts
Andy, Paz mentioned the keyport town ramp. There is also the keyport marine basin marina, It is 15.00. The only catch to that ramp is the height of the bridge you need to pass under w/ the boat after launching. I own a Angler 18ft cc and w/ some very high tides I need to take the rods out of the holders. It does not have a T top, w/ it I would be out of luck. W/ a standard high tide I would say you have a clearance of 8.5 ft at its best, from the water line to the underside of the bridge. The Highlands ramp is large and can launch 6-8 boats at a time, but be warned it can be a zoo on the weekends. The keyport area is nice if you plan on fishing the NY side of the bay out to as far as Breezypoint LI, Highlands is a better option if you are looking at fishing the hook and down the shore of sandyhook or the shrewsbury rocks.
Tom

·
Registered
235 Posts
The Keyport town ramp isn't the greatest either, unless they've dredged it since I used it last. It's pleanty wide but very shallow.The last time I used it I had trouble getting my 16' aluminum hunting boat out of there 1.5hrs before low tide.

Diver-Down

[ 06-06-2004, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: Diver-Down ]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Be careful at Keyport municipal ramp. It is SHALLOW at low water...Wagners in Keyport is ok as long as you can fit under the bridge.

Best bet is the Atlantic Highlands Marina. Plenty wide and deep with floating docks and shuttle van too and from parking. No problems with tides. VERY busy on the weekends is the only draw back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts