BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been fishing the Raritan River around New Brunswick all summer long and i have found that it has been loaded with small stripers up to 15''...i fish for catfish/eels but i can't seem to let my chicken liver sit for more than 10 seconds without it being gobbled up by a small striper...also last fall and the previous fall, on the incoming tide i would notice a large amount of VERY LARGE- i'd say up to 40/45'' stripers swimming around right below the 10 food drainage canal that i fish off of...if anyone has any tips on what to use to catch these big stripers in the river that would be lovely...i have been catching eels for the past 2 weeks or so and have been keeping them alive in a 55 gallon cooler on my deck w/an airator...i'm hoping to see the big stripers in the river soon and possibly use an eel to catch one :cool:

·
Registered
23 Posts
High tide at night throw some large top water swimming plugs. Bombers and red fins work also.
Have been known to throw a live sunny in their face also

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.