• good

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • best

Votes: 1 2.5%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Good lake for smallies in certain spots at certain times of the year. Tough place for largemouths during most of the year now (compared to how it used to be years ago). Hopefully, one day the grass beds will return and the largemouth population can flourish again.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Good lake for smallies in certain spots at certain times of the year. Tough place for largemouths during most of the year now (compared to how it used to be years ago). Hopefully, one day the grass beds will return and the largemouth population can flourish again.
I couldnt agree with you more, early 90's at Union was da bomb:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I think Union is a really good lake. The Smallies always seem to bite if the Largies don't want to play.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Not too much luck there but somethin about it always makes me itch to go back. :cool:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I like union for the simple fact that I never get skunked there.If the bites are slow going for Bass just switch up and go to pan fish or pike. The only down side to this lake is its ALOT of area to cover so you need a 9.9 ,trolling motor and a good six hours to really hit it good.

·
Registered
427 Posts
i started fishing the lake about 2 years ago. its an okay lake. But can some one tell me the lakes history. i heard that there was an old damn some where then a chemical of rat posion got into the lake and killed alot of grass.... idk just wondering if i could get some history on the lake

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.