BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having the Raymarine C120 instaaled and would appreciate any feedback you guys have on this unit, especially how it operates in the deeper water canyons etc..... thanks

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I have a C80 (same unit only smaller screen) and I love it...I dont run my boat to the canyons but off shore at the reefs and wrecks I dont see how you can beat it...the detail is better than anything I have seen...once you get the hang of using it it will become indespensible....I have picked up thermoclines, and fish and can now tell the difference....between bait, fish and the thermocline....great units.....IMHO..

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I am very happy with my C120 unit, easy to use. You will be pleased. I have the FF, chart and radar installed on mine. I am considering the sat weather not sure yet. Worked fine in the canyons for us last year.

You will be pleased with it. Capt Steve is helpful as well you can pick his brain about the unit. He helped me out with a few questions last summer.

Good luck

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anybody Have Negative Experiences That Might Help Me Out ?

·
Registered
232 Posts
From what I have read, if it is not installed properly the DSM can be tempermental. That said, EMC installed mine (e120s) and everything has been fine.

The weather is an awsome add on too.

·
Registered
382 Posts
The dsm is sensetive, occasionally when i start motor i will lose dsm connection (voltage drop) but it comes right back up. not a big deal to me.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
bigeye joe said:
Anybody Have Negative Experiences That Might Help Me Out ?
The only problem that I had with my C-80. Actully it was losing My DSM signal. This truned out to be a battery problem. Battery would lose power then you would start getting the alarm. All I would do is start up my motor and charger the batterys and the problem went away. The only real problem that I found was learning to use all the features.

The best thing I learned is Raymarine stands behind there stuff. Weather it was Steve Bent or the guys at Raymarine. I got answers to my questions when installing and when I just couldn't figure out what was going on.

I think you will be happy too.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have the E-120, which is basically the same unit with a few more bells and whistles. The best advice I can give you is to thoroughly sit and read your manual. You may not understand it all during that first read, but read it anyway. Then take the manual and read it again while sitting at the dock with the unit on. Enter your waypoints, try out the different features, etc. This will take several sittings, but anytime you get a chance, try something new at the dock. Much easier than doing it while offshore. Good luck. You bought a great unit that is pretty user friendly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts