BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am gonna put this unit on the new boat. I want somthing flush mounted and I hate having so many units on the console. Anyone use it or have an oppinion?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Fluke,
If you want to talk Raytheon you should hook up with Capt. Steve Bent of the Freespirit. He's a rep and knows all the ins and outs of the new units.

·
Registered
189 Posts
It's a really nice unit, the only draw back to it is, there is no adding others to the system, and you have to buy the DSM250 for the sounder module to work. Not that the DSM is bad, I just put one on but it's a great set up for the money.

·
Registered
529 Posts
We just bought one at the AC boat show this Spring - talked to Capt. Steve Brent at length and did tons of research. Still waiting for our installer to get it all hooked up on the boat. So, we have not used it nor have we been out to fish yet, but it sure looks really sweet.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the c80 unit, the sounder 600watt, 18" raydome radar and the gps 120. Hopefully all the stuff will be here today. I have to drive it down to Breezylee to have it insatlled on the boat.One question I have is, the guy at west marine suggested I get an 8ft antenna for offshore to 60 miles. Is that too long or over kill if it is going to be mounted to my t top?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Not over kill The higher the antenna the better. Just make sure you buy the best model and not the cheapest. will make a differece.
Vhf radios are line of sight. Which means the radio waves travel better in a straight line. If you are going to the canyons for tuna you would want a ssb radio. Someone with moe knowlege could explain better than me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts