BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading up to Raystown this weekend for a summer vacation scouting trip. Any suggestions for a decent place to stay. Also would like to find a cabin on/near water with a dock, if houses/docks are permitted. I know with some Corps of Engineers lakes, you can't be on the water.

Thanks,

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Heading up to Raystown this weekend for a summer vacation scouting trip. Any suggestions for a decent place to stay. Also would like to find a cabin on/near water with a dock, if houses/docks are permitted. I know with some Corps of Engineers lakes, you can't be on the water.

Thanks,
lake raystown resort is a good place to stay, the lake gets crazy-busy in the summer, no houses are on the lake, it looks like a good weekend to travel, saturday we got a little snow

·
Registered
138 Posts
Took the family there several years ago and Esox is right could not find anything on the water. ended up several of us left our boats beached down by the swimming area. I was not crazy about that whole deal. . . I know I know most outdoorsman are stand up people but there is always someone in the crowd that does not respect another person's property. Have a great time I loved that lake.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
They have house boats you can rent there. Pretty cool! Did that a few years back had a great time.
yep, that is how i found out about the lake, my friends and i rented a houseboat several years in row, great times, it is best in the spring, i liked the lake so much i decided to move from philadelphia to 10 minutes from the lake in 2009, best decision i ever made and i live right on the juniata river :thumbsup:

·
Registered
431 Posts
yep, that is how i found out about the lake, my friends and i rented a houseboat several years in row, great times, it is best in the spring, i liked the lake so much i decided to move from philadelphia to 10 minutes from the lake in 2009, best decision i ever made and i live right on the juniata river :thumbsup:
We have been hunting Jack's Mountain for years. Used to stay at Motel 22. We rent a house over on the other side of the lake now,Duff's Lane. Pretty nice place, spent many night at the County Line Bar. :D

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
We have been hunting Jack's Mountain for years. Used to stay at Motel 22. We rent a house over on the other side of the lake now,Duff's Lane. Pretty nice place, spent many night at the County Line Bar. :D
they built a new hotel near the walmart, i think it is a marriott

i spent a little time at the bars in huntingdon, but only during the day for one or two beers, i just hit 45, my night time bar drinking is over, now i hang out at my neighbors house and drink, a few of his girl friends often stop by after drinking at the local places, i do not know how they do not get caught drinking and driving :thumbsdown:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts