BASS BARN banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, that 70 mph wind got me, but in all fairness, it was worn pretty thin. Did a temporary zip-tie repair on a couple of loops that finally bit the dust, but now I have to figure out how to re-tie the whole canvas top.

Anybody have any tips before I just go out and buy a spool of para cord and start looping and knotting?

·
Registered
13,212 Posts
Did mine 2 years ago do yourself a favor and do it on a day it's windy trying to do that with bugs is a PIA !!!

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it looks like 550 paracord is the stuff to use from all the posts on THT.... the current rope is white, which of course turned gray over time... guess I will do black to match the top. Have to add a couple snaps on the seat canvas up front, and have a bunch of loose screws that have shook loose over time so it looks like a tie-up/tighten up morning once the cord gets here..

One more quickie... anybody use a touch of 4200 to keep your screws from shaking loose?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Just go topless. :D

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Administrator
49,123 Posts
Well, that 70 mph wind got me, but in all fairness, it was worn pretty thin. Did a temporary zip-tie repair on a couple of loops that finally bit the dust, but now I have to figure out how to re-tie the whole canvas top.

Anybody have any tips before I just go out and buy a spool of para cord and start looping and knotting?
Just use Zip ties all around , the heck with looping all that para cord

Heavy Duty UV Black Cable Ties

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just use Zip ties all around , the heck with looping all that para cord

Heavy Duty UV Black Cable Ties
I dunno... might look a little redneck...

·
Registered
11,493 Posts
Total PIA job but still doable. Do yourself a favor. DO NOT pull it tight as you lace it back through the proper way. Yes, there is a proper way! Do the whole thing loosely and then go back and tighten once its in place. Otherwise the cord will kink badly. I put my cord in a bucket of water with fabric softener to keep it pliable as you go. Count on a good part of the day to get it done. Have fun!

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kev did you use the 550 paracord?

·
Registered
851 Posts
How did you finish the cord off at the end? I'm getting a new Stamoid t top this week.... I don't want a bunch of wraps around a pipe and I can't figure out the knot that was on my original top..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts