BASS BARN banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out Saturday morning around 8:00am. We had a little difficulty launching at Leonardo since the tide was so low. It is hard to launch a 21? boat when the back end is 6? out of water and you have a bunk trailer! We headed for the western side of the reach. In 3 hours we picked up a keeper bass, a short bass, a bluefish, and a 16? flounder all on clams in 23? of water. We didn?t even know we had the flounder on till we went to bring all the rods in. Oh yeah, we also picked up the biggest skate and biggest sea robin for the boat. I didn?t realize sea robins got that big! We then headed for some shallower water to give flounder fishing a try. I had never fished for or caught a flounder before. We did 4 drifts in about 3 hours. We caught about a dozen flounder, 4 of which were keepers. We also caught 2 blues on a fish finder rig with a large weight we used earlier with clams converted over to killies. It took a while till I figured out how much weight to use. I ended up with 1oz weights. I am heading back out on Wednesday. I am not sure what I want to do, go for bass or flounder. It seems like the bass bight in the area I fished is slowing down.

Thanks again to everyone who help me with my recent tackle shop and flounder posts!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.