BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up,

have been using this product since last spring, skeptical to its usefullness when i bought it on sale. but tried in none the less.

after using it for a season on all my inshore gear including surf, i am impressed. My gear has remained in pristine mechanincal condition, lacking corrossion of salt or sand, and super smooth. I have done nothing more than after rinsing with fresh water and drying apply a quick spray to the entire reel including the braided line, as well as my guides on my rods.

it works double duty to condition your line as well and will take away that stiff feeling of new braid. it claims to increase casting distance, but i dont see a difference

i also used it on my hard plastic lures, hooks jig heads, bucktails after a day/night of fishing with great results.

its one product that i think actually lives up to its name. check it out

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Just a heads up,

have been using this product since last spring, skeptical to its usefullness when i bought it on sale. but tried in none the less.

after using it for a season on all my inshore gear including surf, i am impressed. My gear has remained in pristine mechanincal condition, lacking corrossion of salt or sand, and super smooth. I have done nothing more than after rinsing with fresh water and drying apply a quick spray to the entire reel including the braided line, as well as my guides on my rods.

it works double duty to condition your line as well and will take away that stiff feeling of new braid. it claims to increase casting distance, but i dont see a difference

i also used it on my hard plastic lures, hooks jig heads, bucktails after a day/night of fishing with great results.

its one product that i think actually lives up to its name. check it out
How do the Fish like the Taste?????....

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Wow...it should be called Reel Magic! I'd fire the guy who missed that. :confused:

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Where is it sold? Local?
We carry Reel Magic, I won't have it in the shop for a couple weeks ( when our spring stocking order arrives) but you can order it on our website in the meantime. Just click here :
Reel Magic

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Offthehook your link takes me to a picture of Homer Simpson eating popcorn lol :D:huh:

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Just ordered a can from Mills Fleet Farm.

**removed commercial link**

$6.99 a can, but $7.99 to ship :nuts: I had a $10 gift card so it was worth it for me.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have been using REAL MAGIC for 9 years now since my wife bought some for me for my 40th birthday. I use it on my freshwater and saltwater gear. It was recommended to her by the fishing dept. salesperson who said he used it and it worked great. I do not get out fishing as much as a lot of you hard core guys but I want my equipment to work when I need it. After every fishing trip I rinse and wash clean all my gear and dry it off. I then spray the entire rod,reel,line and lures with reel magic and it does keep it nice and looking like new. In my experience it does keep the line soft. If I don't get out for a while I will spray another coat on a day or so before the next trip- to make sure it dries- and to help protect the equipment while fishing and that's it. I also just ordered a spray bottle of KVD LINE & LURE CONDITIONER (saltwater formula) to test this other product out. Reviews on the Internet say that it kicks butt over REAL MAGIC but I can't say for sure yet. I will test them out seperately and see which works best. Only time will tell but what I can say is that REAL MAGIC does work!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I have also been using it for years now and have been pleased with the results......Quick spray on Rod, Reel and Line..... Geo. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Line Saver

Mil-Comm up in E. Rutherford, NJ makes the Reel Saver branded lube and cleaner products. Their Line Saver lube spray treatment blows that away, and its safe. So good, Bass Pro offers it under their label. mil-comm.com

1 - 20 of 25 Posts