Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Hey Capt-
very nice site there.
Where is the wind speed measured from? Antything blocking it?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Originally posted by captgfb:
Real time detailed weather for southern NJ at the link below.

BTW, the SHFD does an open house Thursday nights in the summer. If you're in the area bring the kids by to check out the engines and other equipment.

http://stoneharborfire.com/Current_Vantage_Pro.htm

You can also check out the FD and our store at;

http://stoneharborfire.com/index.html
Gabe, Thanks...I got this from you a while back, I check it out all the time.

I'll get back to you later today about that voicemail I left you.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
YOU WANT REAL LIFE WEATHER, HECK GO OUTSIDE WITH NO COAT ON YOU'LL FEEL REAL LIFE WEATHER. LOOKS LIKE IT'S GONNA BE COLD TIL MID NEXT WEEK.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Originally posted by Tip of the day:
Thanks for the new link, but check your Dew point/Humidity sensor! I think it is off a bit!
I would have to agree. The humidity & dew point seem off compared to a couple of other sites I just checked out. Other sites also noted the barometer as rising, not falling. Might want to check those.

·
Banned
455 Posts
BTW...Keep Your eyes peeled for the 4th Annual 2006 SHFD Striper Tourney next fall. This is a ton of fun and includes a real fun banquet with some hefty cash prizes!

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Cool site Gabe,just added it to the list

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
I usually check this site a couple times a day. Got turned on to it by a couple of buddies who are SH firemen(and lurkers ;) )

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks one and all for the positive comments. I'm glad to see you guys are using it. I'm due no credit for the site. It's a result of the vision of the SHFD Chief and lots of hard work by another fire fighter. The site is a great tool for planning trips and staying safe (when you have a small boat like me). We're checking out the noted possible problems. Might be the difference in locations.

Like the LT said....Keep an eye open for the 4th annual SHFD fishing tournament starting in Sept.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts