BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just grabbed a Garmin 1490 GPS with Bluetooth. Works great for the phone, but I'm wondering about using the same screen for a rear view license plate camera? Does anyone make them?

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I guess this idea won't fly. I was thinking it could work thru Bluetooth.

It's not so much a back up camera I want. I want to be able to watch the trailer and trailer tires while I'm towing. I even put yellow led lights under the trailer fenders so I can see tires at night.

I guess the next question is who's bought one of these systems. What's a good one?

·
Premium Member
52,305 Posts
Well I guess this idea won't fly. I was thinking it could work thru Bluetooth.

It's not so much a back up camera I want. I want to be able to watch the trailer and trailer tires while I'm towing. I even put yellow led lights under the trailer fenders so I can see tires at night.

I guess the next question is who's bought one of these systems. What's a good one?

try selling the regular 1490 on the barn Sale and pick up the 1490tv that has video inputs

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=134

Yeah, it's 1490LMT, but I'm not seeing any with A/V deal?

It's not a bad machine, but it's no where near as fast as my Garmin GPSMap487 combo Auto/Marine unit for recalulating trips. Then when you bluetooth the cell phone into it you can barely hear your caller. If you bring the volune up the direction voice blows you out of the truck.

Looking at all those rear view camera things on ebay is baffling, but it just might be the easier way to go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.