BASS BARN banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for recommendations for six-pack fishing charters out of Montauk for fall striper fishing. Our preference is live bait fishing.

I'm hoping for anyone that has personally used a charter for this type of fishing, preferably for a few years or more.

I would really appreciate any suggestions from fellow barners:) :)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
What do you like? Light tackle, fly, bait fishing ,trollers? Big boats, flats boats, they got them all. I got some fly guys and a sweet girl if that's what you like. Amanda is the greatest.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys

thanks, guys for the recommendations. I really appreciate it.

GlennSr- our preference is live bait (porgies)...

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Captain Steve on The Top Hook

He is the captain who caught the 67 pounder last October. We have had days catching 50 plus bass (20 to 35 pounds) working jigs in the rips. He knows all of the tricks.

Also, great bottom fisherman.

Capt Mark is excellent (pretty intense)

Captain Mike Potts is OK although since his dad was a chater captain theere in the 1950's, Mike thinks of himself as royalty out there.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Yes Amanda Switzer, she is very nice to spend a day with on the water. We went sight fishing two years ago and had a fair day and my son and I got schooled on LI Sound sight fishing. I like the RB style better. I also took Matt Miller out one day. He is a great guy too, not the guy you saw on the tv show. That was before these guys became super stars.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Not to hijack, but I just saw "The Best and Worst of Tred Barta" last night (3/7) on VS - and the episode was on Montauk Stripers. Barta, his son - and a friend kept fishing over this one hole and they were slammin 'em!

Good luck!:)

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
barta

Colt - yep, saw that too. If only I had a friend like his up there, that can put me on the spot, with the ideal technique and tackle, I'd be all set!

Enjoyed the episode, nonetheless...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts