BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We may be taking a trip down to the outer banks when school releases near the end of June. I definitely want to fish...any recommendations on what to chase and who to charter.

thanks!!!!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Small Stripers,Weakies,Speckled Trout,Flounder,Blues,Puppy drum out back in the Sound.Use light spinning tackle and grubs with leadheads.
Surf fishing is slow,maybe some Blues and Croakers around a few Pompano,The Cobia will just be starting up definately try to catch them.Nice fight.Spanish Macs too.
Offshore is ok .Tuna and Kings and some Sails,Book now to reserve boat.Ill be down the last week of june,i will have my CC with me maybe we can go fishin out back,Ill be in Avon,HRL :D

[ 04-03-2005, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: Bunka Chunka ]

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Hey Bunka Chunka we will be down in Avon the week before you and will have my brothers 18 CC so we'll try and save some fish for you :D :D We'll be fishing the back behind Hatteras.

Makemenuts - if you want to do an offshore charter trip, look up Capt Donnie Smith (Squeaky) on the Big Eye down in Hatteras. I've been out with him the last 2 yrs in June and had great trips both times. 1st year went out and limited on mahi-mahi and then trolled for yft and picked up a couple nice ones. Last year the fishing was a little tougher but ended up catching a bunch of black-fin tuna and had a blast. Good luck and you cant go wrong going with Sqeaky ;)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
if you plan on fishing from the surf anywhere south of the light house will produce fish by then the water will be real warm. Okracoke is my fav. spot. Try the north end by the ferry.

Charter out of OI(Oregon Inlet) i fished the Carolinian last week and we limited out on yellowfin. I know the mate through mutual friends and he busts his but, great guy. The Capt is a rather nice fellow also, didn't talk to him to much b/c he had his hands full the day we were out. 8-12ft. the steam was so thick you couldn't see the other boats, very cool. first time in my life i ever lost my lunch and first time i didn't drink on a charter.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
booked the house yesterday...Frisco area...on the sound and I will pull my 15 ft xpress for the sound side. i am still interested in the ocean side for a day but the contacts are not coming through yet...in other words, no response to my emails.

Keep the recommendations coming...I like alot of options.

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts