BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering marina options for next summer for my boat in Cape May, NJ. My boat is 23' Parker sport cabin. I will be new to Cape May area and would appreciate feedback as to facilities, amenities, etc. available at area marinas.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
What ever you do, make sure you go to the marina and talk to the owner about a slip. Those guys want to feel you out a bit before they committ to a slip. Phone calls are not the way to go.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Breezee lee is ideal for that size boat but you'll probably not be able to get a slip now. It's worth getting on the list even if you don't get in this year.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Try Harbor View next to Bree-Zee-Lee. You can't miss the restaurant, nice marina, limited parking. Usualy open this time of year, check out the view from the bar.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Fishin Time--No longer in Ocean City? Question for you. I decided to go to Harbour Cove in Somers Point. What do you know about that place?

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
another 1 to try is 2 Mile Landing/Crabhouse in Cape May. They are usually full and this year the 35 ft+ slips were full but d dock had a few spots - i think the slips are 25-30 ft. Plent of water, great access to everything - great people. Ive been there for 4 years and have never had a single complaint about anything

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to everyone for feedback. I found that Utsch's Marina has some slips available for next summer. Found it a little interesting that Utsch's was not mentioned in replies to my initial post. Is there a reason? This marina appears to be well maintained with good location and ample amenities. Any feedback (pro and con) would be appreciated.

"DLafferty" - I have also considered staying in Ocean City area. I have been very happy where I have been for past few years but am looking for change in fishing locations and weather related damage this past fall a concern as well. Are slips available at Harbour Cove in Somers Point?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I don't know if there are any left but I got my slot last month. At that time, there was not a waiting list. It may be worth a call.

Good luck on your search.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts