BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When seatowed in, my boat didn't line up on the bunk trailer right and I chipped away at a segment of the "V" section that is below the waterline, towards the bowel of the boat. Intermitent chips of the gelcoat expose the fiberglass below, for a few feet... This is probably an easy fix for a pro and I wouldn't mind paying a couple bucks, but not too much.

I did a quick job myself in the summer, but I didn't do good prep work and it may have not be dry enough so the patch work actually ripped off some time later because I use the trailer.

Any recommendations for someone in the the Atlantic City area? Or the best product for this work?

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
checked with Young's and they have a great reputation for doing fantastic work, but they also have a rep for being high....and I checked with them and they were more than I was willing to spend. But a good reference nonetheless.

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
Get some Marine Tex and some gel coat and do it yourself. Marine Tex is easy to use and the gel coat is also easy. The geal coat doesn't have to match exactly since it is on the bottom and no one sees it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts