BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running a 2003 Yamaha 150 HP Two Stroke Carbureted engine. Having some "no spark" issues where the engine will not start up but will turn over.

We were looking for any recommendations on a places individuals have taken their Yamaha engines to be serviced with positive results.

Boat/Engine is located in the Millville, NJ area, but we are willing to tow it to the NJ coast to have it repaired/maintained correctly.

Thanks,

Mike O.

·
Registered
395 Posts
unusual for a yamaha with no spark sometimes its hard to see plug spark it has to be grounded against the engine which usually has alot of paint on it so what i would do is get a spray bottle fill it with gas and squirt your normal gas mix with outboard oil in it into the carbs ..3 good squirts in each carb then try to start if the engine starts for even 3 seconds its a fuel problem..if you cant squirt into carbs take plugs out 1 at a time and alittle squirt into each cylinder then try to start..i use pier 47 in wildwood if i need they are good and a yamaha dealer

·
Registered
333 Posts
Spring Garden Marina on SH 47 right off SH 55 is Yamaha dealer I've been happy with them seem fair. It's close also.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Spring Garden is 10 minutes from Millville and rated five star by Yamaha. Good people!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Based on opinions listed here, Spring Garden will be my next stop if I Bob Carr at RAC Marine ever decides to go hunting full time. I've used Bob on three different boats over the last 12 years. Excellent service and very knowledgeable.

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
You want it done right use Jimmy's Marine service. He is a Master mechanic when it comes to yamahas.

He got my F225 running in top shape

1 - 15 of 15 Posts