BASS BARN banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that PowerPro is now making a red line, I was wondering what people think of this versus high visc white, moss green, or yellow?

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
I used it last season and from what people say just like the cajun red line after X amount of feet fish can't see it. something to do with the spectrum of light in water... Bottom line is I like it..:D

·
Registered
928 Posts
anything red is lost in the first 10 ft water column . keep that in mind also on lure selection

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
incorrect.

fearnofish said:
anything red is lost in the first 10 ft water column . keep that in mind also on lure selection
not true, red light fades first, depending on water clarity.

and this only holds true with , THINGS THAT LIGHT CAN PASS THROUGH! (monofilaments, flourocarbon)

dive down 30 feet on with red sneakers on, and i will still be able to see them.

red power pro does not disapear at all for the fact that light cannont pass through it.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Very well said Josh

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
True Josh. In fact on the camera 50 feet down. It truns black. Not red but still very visible.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I use it now too, I like it as much as the moss, dont see too much difference in catching, I use a fluoro leader, usually at least 4-5 ft on average, sometimes longer.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
insomniac said:
True Josh. In fact on the camera 50 feet down. It turns black. Not red but still very visible.
Well thats better than hi vis yellow I guess.Thanks for the insight..Zar you are right on I just read it on the cajun red site -light has to pass thru it..

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was thinking of using it on deep drop reels for Tile. I probably won't matter at 600 feet.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Nothing disappears underwater, at a certain depth all colors turn grey and then into black. But, I like the Phantom Red PP, looks sweet on my little abu. No difference in hook-ups or anything like that though.

RyanF

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I agree

RyanF said:
Nothing disappears underwater, at a certain depth all colors turn grey and then into black. But, I like the Phantom Red PP, looks sweet on my little abu. No difference in hook-ups or anything like that though.

RyanF
Just what Ryan said "Looks sweet",:) on my reels to. Same with the hook-ups. Haig

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Red Power pro

Do your self a huge favor and try Tuff Line XP ,it comes in all the colors, smoother, no guide rattle and a lot more abrasion resistent on comparable line diameters, a little less costly as well! Their Hollow is one of the best !

·
Registered
928 Posts
i didn't go into detail with it but yeah red is first lost and will look black or gray. never said it diasappears. but whats inncorrect is saying that only if light can pass through it. bleeding hooks look black or grey after so many feet down and your sneakers to. if you take a picture 200ft. down and are only 5ft away from the object the flash travels 10ft total causing the red to fade but still there. any closer and red will appear. http://fishbase.se/manual/English/FishBaseFishAtDepthViewer.htmthat

·
Registered
145 Posts
Colored lines

Got to ask this stupid question......What difference does it make if it's red,green, black, etc. as long as you have fluro on the end?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts