BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my nephew out tonight to see what we could hoist up. Kind of slow but did manage a nice red.Water temp was in the mid 70s.Just caught the last of out going tide. :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks this is in the New Smyrna Bch area.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Nice fish, Steve.

Think I know that spot :D

It's gonna be a good spring and Fall, and we will land a Tarpon form there this year ;)

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
I'll be down in Merritt Island tomorrow. Can't wait. Staying at my uncles place right on Indian River. Hoping for some good fishing. I see a cold front is about to hit Thursday night. Will that shut down the trout and reds?

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Originally posted by RhinoScores:
I'll be down in Merritt Island tomorrow. Can't wait. Staying at my uncles place right on Indian River. Hoping for some good fishing. I see a cold front is about to hit Thursday night. Will that shut down the trout and reds?
Yes

Hit the the lagoon Mid-day

Cold fronts suck, the fish are way sensitive to it

The good news is the Cobia bite is RED HOT. Guys are sight fishing them just off the beach

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Dr Bass, what is the best way to target Cobia? Bait or Lures? Leader material? Do I need to cast a mile? Are Cobia in Cocoa Beach or do I need to travel? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Originally posted by RhinoScores:
Dr Bass, what is the best way to target Cobia? Bait or Lures? Leader material? Do I need to cast a mile? Are Cobia in Cocoa Beach or do I need to travel? Any help is appreciated.
They follow the bait pods right off the beach

You need a big bucktail, purple is the best. A live lined mullet or pinfish is good too. Guys are in boats just off the beach in Cape Canaveral and yes Cocoa. They sight cast towards them once located. They follow and swim directly under Manta Rays

Lighted docks are producing good speckled trout, HUGE flounder are in near shore structure

Captain Jack's bait and tackle are friends/patients. They will take care of you, they are located in Merrit Island

Good luck

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Thanks for the info Dr. I'll check in with Jack's

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Hey Snookmaster, nice Redfish. Hows the Snook fishing over there? I fish for them in cold weather in Tampa bay area and they are hard to find but got a few big ones this winter up to 41 inches. Fishing here has been tough lately with this wind blowing hard the past three weeks. Trying to get offshore for Grouper but weather makes it tough. Gotta head north in two weeks and alway's look forward to November when we come down for the winter. Maybe we can wet a line next fall. Take care Johnny D.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts