BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FOR SALE

1975 20' Grady White Walk Around. This boat includes a 2002 175 HP Johnson out board with very low hours, and the trailer! The transom was comletely rebuilt several years ago, and is still sold as a rock, and will be for the rest of this boat's life. We have owned this boat for over ten years and have rebuilt almost every part. Here is a short list of things we've done to this boat. New Transome, New canvas top with all curtains like new, New canvas winter cover, new gas tank (65gal), New hoses, new wires, Two batteries, three bilge pumps, Depthfinder, and VHF included.

ASKING $9,000 (reduced from $10,500)

For more info or to see the boat which is at J&B marine in Westville, NJ, call (856) 931-3139 Ask for Robert

[ 06-26-2006, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: A.Hoj ]

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Damn that's a nice boat.
That's what I want but I'm buying a house now.
Good luck
What kind of speeds and gas milage?
I fished on a 20' Sea Craft all last week with a 175 Evinrude, same year, great motor and that thing flew and was not the least bit thirsty.

Cheers

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We've had this boat in every part of the bay, inshore ocean, and back bays. It's the perfect small boat for south jersey Top speed is about 37 mph At 5500 rpm. It gets great gas milage, but I never really calculated it. I can tell you that the 23ft grady we just got gets horrible gas mileage in comparison, and we really miss that about the old grady, it has never let us down.

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
I have the same boat and she is rock solid, but it's a 79'. It's a Great boat for the bay and inshore waters. I even have taken her out 10 miles offshore.

One question, My gas tank is 52 gallons. Did you put in a larger gas tank or is that the original gas tank of 65 gallons?

I have a 200 johnson on my boat, but only can get her up to 5200 rpms WOT w/ her trimmed up on a stainless prop. I bought a new Michigan wheel 14 1/4 x 17.

What size is your prop?

Love my grady,
Johnny d

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The tank is an aftermarket one, I am not positive on the fuel cap. but I know it's 60-65gal. As for the prop, We went with whatever they suggested to us when we got it installed at J&B in westville. I really hauls at WOT, but I rarely run it WO. Cruise speed was about 26mph @ 4000rpm.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by johnny d:
I am also looking to get my transom redone in next year or so? Who redid your transom? Do you remember how much?
Transome was done by J&B in westville, but I don't know if the old man who did ours will still do one. It was around $2600. You could check with BarnacleBills in Delmont I think they rebuild transoms, but not sure.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes the trailer is in great shape, it has new lights, rollers, leaf springs and tires. The boat originaly sit too close to the fenders so we installed the new springs and rollers, and it trailers great now. It's also the largest 1 axle trailer available I believe, so theres some money savings at the tolls!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bump.....Sweet boat still for sale. Gas rpices are only going up, and this boat sips fuel...ready for the '06 season.

·
Registered
14,328 Posts
Nice Boat for 75, mine is an 84 and just redid the transom too. It was alot of work, she is rock solid now with an 01 225 OPTI on her. I just finished building the frame for the hard top now I need to build the top core.

Good luck with the sale, I see from the pics she has been well cared for, someone is getting a nice deal here.

1 Question, do you have all three pumps in the bilge? how did you rig them and what are their capacities?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nice 20 footer for someone. I linked to it on gradyowner also. Good luck selling, it still has years of good fishing ahead.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts