BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The vessel known as 'Reel Attitude' is gone!

With the passing of my fishing buddy and the need to replace a 10 year old vehicle, it was time to sell the boat. So..tonight it was made official and RA was sold to some nice people in North Jersey.

I can't believe my wife and I will sit out more than a season, but there are other issues we have to take care of first. Who knows?

I want to take the time to thank some of the people (I can't fit everyone in here, there's just too many) who helped us along the way these past 15 or so years:

To Joe and Ann at Somerset Cove: Thanks for all the help and the creative financing when things were tough. Remember, on the finger piers, the foam goes in the water. :D

To Charlie M-Thanks for looking after me and the boats. It was great sharing the same water. I'll see you from time to time. Stay away from the hot dogs.

To the Staff at Ocean Heights Marina-Thanks for taking us in late in the season. I know that OHM South will do well. We'll probably rent a boat or two from you in 2006.

To Charlie A.-It was nice meeting you and the rest of the crew at OHM South. Good luck in 2006. I'll stop by from time to time.

To the bait and tackle shop owners in and around Somers Point/Ocean City: Thanks for the tips and opening the stores at the crack of dawn.

To Somers Point Marina-Always the best of service and always taking time to return calls and email.

To the Coast Guard and Marine Police-Thanks for watching over us.

To Popeye's Marina-Thanks to Ruth and Ed and all the other great people for the help and conversation and the great barbecue's.

To Team Slammer: Thanks for the tips on backing in between those pilings as well all the fishing tips.

To Horse-What can I say. The guy can catch fish. Thanks for the tips on bait prep.

To my buddy Jim W. and the Broken Hook/Double D Team-Good luck in 2006 and please take turns setting the anchor. ;)

To Wayne-How's the Trophy? Still have it? Nice meeting you.

To the Greenheads, Gnats, Strawberrys, etc.-I hope you are all included in the next global extinction event. :cool:

Last but not least, I want to thank Jeff Marton at Lighthouse Yacht Sales in Brielle, NJ for bringing a buyer to the sale. The process of selling the boat through Jeff was made extremely easy by the professional manor in which it was handled. Only a few days lapsed between the first inspection of the vessel and the sea-trial.
Jeff took care of all the paper work and the transfer was as smooth as can be. Thanks Jeff.

Well, If I forgot someone, I apologize. This is temporary, I'm sure. I'll still be a Barner and there's alway's the sod banks.

Good luck in 2006.

Sincerely,

S.B

·
Registered
50 Posts
S.B
Thanks for the opportunity to help you sell your boat. It was great working with you. Give me a call when you are ready to get back in. Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts