BASS BARN banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a nice lightwieght Berkley rod (6-12lb) but can not find a nice reel to match it.

I am looking for a spinning reel with dual spools. One with 6lb for herring and one with 10-12 for catties and small stripers in the river

Any recommendations on a quality reel that will not break the bank?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Check out the Okuma Epixor series. They make a nice reel. I have the 50 for my surf fishing outfit, and like it allot. They have 10 ball bearings and I know mine came with an extra spool.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Shimano Sahara 4000

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Tica Libra nice reel for the price.HRL

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
shimano stradic is a nice one too jason

·
Banned
2,143 Posts
I HAVE A SHIMANO STRADIC 2500 THAT I USE FOR BACK WATER WEAKIES AND IN THE SWEETWATER.I BOUGHT MINE ON E-BAY BRAND NEW FOR 100.00.THEY HAD ALOT OF GOOD REELS ON THERE.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Jason, I may still have my Sahara 4000. Ill give it to ya. I have to go in the dungeon and check.

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by hipkvw:
Jason, I may still have my Sahara 4000. Ill give it to ya. I have to go in the dungeon and check.
Keith,
let me know
I am gonna order one from East Coast Tackle as soon as I here from bob, but I was gonna outfit two poles.

[ 03-10-2005, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: MargaritaVille ]

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Hey Jason I have some Reels that would work for ya,Shoot me a E-mail,HRL

·
Banned
2,143 Posts
i have a shimano sedona 4000 that is in great condition that you can have.

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bunka,
I sent you an email through the barn last week, but have not heard back from ya.

Reelknot,
Thanks for the offer, but I am not just gonna hog up a bunch of free offers. I do greatly appreciate the generosity.

If Hip digs his out and a new one from ECT, I will be set.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts