BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a 975 gold
star drag it looks like the gear that controls the worm drive is a bit stripped, its a piece of s#%t plastic gear ..should i try to repair it myself or send it out to phily for repair....anyone ever atemp a repair like this before .or can anyone give me a site with video or pics

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Personally I do as little work as possible on my reels so I would send it out. If you like to tinker the google "Alan Tani" and you will find what you need.

·
Registered
34,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks fishy

Personally I do as little work as possible on my reels so I would send it out. If you like to tinker the google "Alan Tani" and you will find what you need.
i do tinker but that gear is on the bottom side of the reel i could be tuff to put back together ill check out alan

·
Registered
309 Posts
Penn 975

Good afternoon............The plastic idler gear has been known to strip out on that reel.If you'd like,please forward the reel to Penn Reel Mfg. and we'll cover it under a warranty for you.Just mention that you had a post on The BassBarn,include your contact and mailing information,and we'll get it back to you as soon as possible.

Take care..........Tom

Thomas Blecker/Service Department
Penn Reel Mfg.
(215) 779-4039
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Good afternoon............The plastic idler gear has been known to strip out on that reel.If you'd like,please forward the reel to Penn Reel Mfg. and we'll cover it under a warranty for you.Just mention that you had a post on The BassBarn,include your contact and mailing information,and we'll get it back to you as soon as possible.

Take care..........Tom

Thomas Blecker/Service Department
Penn Reel Mfg.
(215) 779-4039
[email protected]
Cant beat that for service and price

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
got a 975 gold
star drag it looks like the gear that controls the worm drive is a bit stripped, its a piece of s#%t plastic gear ..should i try to repair it myself or send it out to phily for repair....anyone ever atemp a repair like this before .or can anyone give me a site with video or pics
I had the same problem with my 975, just send it to Tom @ Penn Service, he'll take care of it, and it'll be right when you get it back......:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.