BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be the third annual Stellwagon Cod bash.

Ive fished with him three times and we had great trips. The last one was an epic trip. Dave doesn't have the biggest or fastest boat, but he does have
the best service charter boat you will find anywhere. I've fished with three different skippers - Capt Kurt, Capt David, and Capt Sean (his son). Sean put us on the most meat though.

First come first served on the spots.

Cost is about $235 a man including the boat $1230 and tip for the mate $180 (1410/6=$235)

Relentless provides the boat, rods, tackle, bait, deckhand, fillets and packages the fish. You are just a human powered winch.

I can take three with me in my truck and several big coolers.

I have five slots open but they will fill up fast.

Dave is a great guy, retired USCG, and supports all sorts of good events from charity to fighting for fishermans rights all over.

[email protected]

·
Registered
360 Posts
Dave,

No worries about the date, now you have it down. I have been absent from here for a while busy with the RELENTLESS now inside with a fuel tank and decks ripped out. We are replacing them with a composite and will be ready for mid March. Currently we intend on running trips both private adn open boat for early spring haddock.

Reports are there are plenty of cod on the bank and we will see how the politics play out. We recommend folks book their trips and if regulations change we will address the issue. We look forward to seeing you and on that date, you will have Captain Curt who has also stepped up and is now the Vice President of the Stellwagen Bank Charter Boat Association working on issues protecting our rights to fish. Happy New Years and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Capt Dave

PS: You going to the Maine Show this year

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dave.

PS. Yes I am heading up to Portland this year again. I just have to remember to book my hotel earlier this year.

its a triple header for me,

cause Jim Shula will have his skiff out there, and Renn Tolman is flying in from Homer Alaska, and plus, I have to go to Hamilton Marine for a bunch of stuff for the new skiff.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have two slots left. Pete G (new), Gary s (one timer), Mike s (two time relentless guy) and myself (triple crossing) are on this trip so far. Probably a bit early but i like to plan ahead, have it all squared away and paid for up front. [email protected]

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rick S and son signed up today so its a full boat. If you want to be a standby you can still email me. I know im going to end up with 10 people by next week.... sigh :(:(:( I either get 4 guys, or 10.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Roger. already contacted the skipper. I got seven now. I'll see if I get enough by end of Feb to justify hiring the second boat but some guys were worried about Cod not being opened up on the bank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.