BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sweet Mother of Pearl!! What a pain in the butt!! Don't ever put this crap on your boat unless your boat is older and faded, not brand new and if you are not a sado-masicist.

It took me 4 hours and 3 cans of Poli Strip to remove most of it from the hull. Once it was off, I waxed her up and she shined liked a diamond.

Do not use this product unless it's a last resort.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'll never use the stuff again. Dries sticky and every bit of dust, dirt and bug blowing in the wind sticks to your boat.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Should never have been applied to my boat by the previous owner. That came directly from the people at Poli Glow themselves.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Sweet Mother of Pearl!! What a pain in the butt!! Don't ever put this crap on your boat unless your boat is older and faded, not brand new and if you are not a sado-masicist.

It took me 4 hours and 3 cans of Poli Strip to remove most of it from the hull. Once it was off, I waxed her up and she shined liked a diamond.

Do not use this product unless it's a last resort.
I used that stuff for a couple of years.It builds up . I ended up sanding the entire hull down and repainted the hull with Futura paint. OMG that was hard work, took about 60 hours of prep before I painted. But the paint turned out great and that went on easy.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a great system for older faded boats but not for new boats. It's more labor intensive to remove it and correct having used it than it is to just take care of the boat when you initially get it.

i'm glad everything turned out well for you.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
No it should not have been applied to a new boat, but it does wonders to my 31 year old Fourmula! I have been using it 5 years. I use Krudkutter to remove it, It comes right off. Takes me maybe 2 hours to do the whole 33 foot boat. I only strip it every other year. And just reapply 3 coats every other year. Like I said works great in my case but definitely not for a newer boat.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Krud-Kut...ncentrated-Cleaner-Degreaser-KK01-6/202525368

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks. I'm gonna use that next spring to remove what I didn't this spring.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts