BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On Monday Renegade Sportfishing hosted Capt. Skip from Stalker Sportfishing and crew for another jigging only striper trip. Let me start by making an honest confession, there is no rhyme or reason to this bite. Hide tide, low tide, sun, clouds, wind, no wind, time of day, etc I can't make heads or tails out of it. At 7am we ran 20 miles back north and searched for over 3 hours with nothing to read but herring.

At exactly 11am as predicted based on Mr. Fisheads report from yesterday (Thanks Capt. Mike) all hell broke loose exactly were we started looking 3 hours earlier. At 10:50 am there was zero life, at 11 am all the bass you wanted. Not going to over think any of this as it will drive you nuts, the herring are there, wt's are still 47-49 degrees and the bass fishing remains solid.

Skip and the boys quickly limited out boating 40 quality, hard fighting bass, keeping their 8 fish limit. Most bass were in the 4 -30 pound class. Excellent crew with superior talent that made for a very nice day. Thanks guys for turning the handles and no lost tackle! We were using large shads and solid brass Jersey Jay Kroc's.

We are running open boat all week, 1 spot left for tomorrow (Tuesday) - Call to reserve, cost is $140pp and INCLUDES EVERYTHING (swim baits, Krocs, A67's, and poles). All you need is your sandwich. Call to reserve 732-718-8339.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Good Job Guys!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Seriously?

WOW, i was on ur boat in november and it was 100.00 per person, why the 40 % increase when u dont supply a mate and gas prices haven't gone up to justify that?
Seriously? Is this the place to question a private business on its financial practices. Mike has his number on the open boat forum why not call him and ask him personally. If you dont like it dont fish with him, I know its freedom of speech but IMO its just wrong to question him on an open forum(just me). Also I believe his new price is very fair considering his effort and willingness to put you into fish and the distances he is willing to travel as well as he is one of the only games in town and a very good Capt.
Yo Chris I think some Daiwas would look good on the Renegade
Seriously?

Man I just think this is self involved and wrong. Yo KOS, you just gave a man grief over talking business on a fishing thread, then offered said business your product??? WTF?
I might be wrong, but that's what I read here.
At the very least you engaged his business argument on a fishing thread, so back at ya.
. BE HUMBLE

·
Registered
182 Posts
my question was short and sweet, the guys backing him up are gonna make this thread disgusting, let the man speak for himself. did you ever think i don't care to speak to him, ever think i tried to get an answer outta him and couldn't? dont make this a hate thread guys, cause thats exactly what you're doing.
Why would you ask a question about the price increase of his operation if you DON'T care to speak to him? What is your motive? You stated clearly that you will never fish with him again so what does the $20 increase mean to you? Your motives are very suspect. As far as making this thread disgusting I don't believe I have heard one positive comment from you about one hell of day they had today.

Once again congrats to Mike and the Stalker crew for tomahawking the Bass today. Pretty work guys!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Why would you ask a question about the price increase of his operation if you DON'T care to speak to him? What is your motive? You stated clearly that you will never fish with him again so what does the $20 increase mean to you? Your motives are very suspect. As far as making this thread disgusting I don't believe I have heard one positive comment from you about one hell of day they had today.

Once again congrats to Mike and the Stalker crew for tomahawking the Bass today. Pretty work guys!
20 dollar increase? its a 40 dollar increase since mid november. and i have my reasons not to speak to him, i can get my point across with a simple post. Good job today mike!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Excellent, excellent trip men. Even at any price I would book with this legitamate operation based on the consistent results of the last 5 years.

Their comittment to finding the fish is never compromised. Believe me, I have fished on many part time charter and head boat operations that do compromise and it's a disaster by days end. With Renegade, everything is up front and he is a full time proven fish producer for over 20 years. There are no limits to finding the fish which they always do and w/o any fuel surcharges. Their daily reports speak for themselves so what's the arguement? $20 more to land unlimited Trophy Bass in 2012, come on are you kidding me or are you truely that cheap? Remeber, you tackle is all free, loose 3 krocs at $15 apiece your doing pretty well. They are not. It happens alot.
again, read the comment, its a 40 dollar increase. let the man speak for himself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mike owes you no explanation for how he determines his price points for his business. This is a free market - your voice is your wallet. If the rates are too high for you, then don't use the service. If others are willing to pay, then god bless. To demand an explanation of pricing on a public Internet forum appears spiteful and petty.

I sailed with Renegade just recently and had a wonderful experience. Mike worked his butt off and provided us with top notch service. :wave:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.