BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Wednesday, January 11th Renegade Sportfishing hosted another open boat jigging trip for stripers. Capt Mike again ran back to the Rocks, arrived by 0830 to perfect conditions, flat, windless, sunny day = kiss of death. Didn't mark much all day until around 0930 when the birds gathered on a tight school of bass. Marked the bait and bass with many top feeders, we boated a few, missed a few, and then within 15 minutes it was over.

Mid trip we lost the reverse gear oil cooler so by 1 am we trolled home on 1 engine for 20 miles without a touch. Nice 2 hour ride home, so glad to have twins. Fixable, but not without solder and a torch. Sorry guys not much of a report but at least it's a report.

Hopefully tonights big storm will get these guys back on the feed bag and push the trophy bass back in. If not I am taking a week long nap after the Giants game on Sunday.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Great Report

Hey, we enjoy the good, along with the not so good reports. Thanks for posting and letting us folks trapped at work live vicariously through the Renegade .:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Mike

Hey Mike, yes having 2 Volvo's is better than one. I have made that single engine trip a few times. At least now you do not have to deal with the canal!!!!
I have been following your stellar reports since I pulled my boat in Mid december. I was forced to, since they shut off my fresh water. You had a great winter. I wanted to jump on with you a few times, but my aching back said no.
If any one needs a long winter's nap it is you.
Thanks
Mike.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Oil

Sorry Mike, everything went with the boat. The only think left is about a half gallon of Volvo Penta Synthetic. Sae 30. You are welcome to it, if you want it. Let me know, as I have no use for it. I can drop it at your boat.
Thanks
Mike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.