BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to fill the boat with diesel for our next series of trips. Could see the gannets diving before I even approached the inlet. Went about a mile, drop and reel fishing. Called pops who has had some bad luck all fall and didn't get in on the bite, went back to Fishermans Supply picked him up and went back out, drop and reel fishing on quality bass for as long as you wanted. Miles upon miles of birds and fish chasing bunker and herring. For every bass hooked 20 more followed it to the boat!

Better then any spring run imaginable. Pictures do no justice. Gannets are so feriouse you cant cast a jig. I had to dehook one and nearly broke two fingers, man are they strong, he was fine, I wasn't. All bass and gannets were released unharmed, none were kept. Left the fish biting, only two other boats on the bite, Fishmonger and Cindy Sea.

Open boat tomorrow (Thursday), Friday, and Sunday, $120pp, call to reserve, 732-718-8339, leave at 730am.

Truth In Reporting = Photos:

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Gotta love the bent Ugly Stick! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Great job. Just to cold this morning for me on a center console. Had to show some houses this afternoon so I could not wait for it to warm up to a balmy 25 degrees.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All the action is out front of Manasquan Inlet, been going off at lunchtime till dusk for over a week on herring and bunker. Bring heavy Krocs and 9" storms or call us if you want to go, just bring a sandwich and go fishing.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Best thing about the Ugly Sticks if they ever break (car door, window, piling) Walmart will give you a new one, $31.10 apiece!
A few years ago my dad found an ugly stick in the garbage broken in half. He took it out of the garbage and sent it back to Ugly Stick. They sent back a brand new rod and even upgraded it to a heavier stick.

·
Registered
263 Posts
bass

Was watching you guys from the beach with binoculars, hoping that those fish might move the bait into the surf. no such luck. followed those fish from sea girt as they moved their way south. not a single boat on them for 2 hours till you guys and the monger showed up. would have been on em myself hadnt i pulled the boat this past weekend. was a little envious but glad to see you guys on em. keep catchin em!!!!!:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.