BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to repair/replace my 1993 mercury 200hp v6 outboard. part of a pair of twin outboards on my grady white sailfish. anyone selling something that might work should contact me. anyone that does this type of motor work is welcome to contact me also. replacement is very expensive so repair may be the way to go. new boat owner so any suggestions would be welcome!
thanks, Paul

·
Registered
690 Posts
PJ,
First, welcome to The Barn. I am sure that you will find lots of people here who can give you seasoned advice on a wide variety of things.
Now to your situation. What's wrong with the motor? Blown Powerhead? I would think you would be better off trying to have someone find out exactly what's wrong with it and have it repaired.
That is unless the other motor is almost as bad off, in which case- BIG COIN!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
the question is , how much should you spend on 1993 motors, next the $7000.00 sounds prety high, i had my entire motor re-built for $3500.00. e-mail for further info...

·
Registered
990 Posts
I put a new 200 merc. salt water series on mine 3 years ago for $7500 thta was a brand new motor. $7000 sounds way crazy for a new powerhead. Almars in New Castle Delaware is where i bought my motor they may have an old one around or you have Jawz on the barn from what Im hereing Him and barnicle bill's are the way to go depending on brand of motor. If you done with the boaat for the season time is on your side go visit the PA boat show and ask around about a rebuilt powerhead.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Over To The Box For Ya,, Get You Some More Replies..

Thx, and welcome to the BassBarn.Com pjsdreamin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts