BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though my trailer only gets dunked a couple of times per year, the lights need to be replaced every few years due to corrosion on the bulb sockets, no matter how well I flush them and grease them with dielectric grease. I want to change to sealed LED units, but I'm having a hard time figuring out which ones work best. The two most popular brands I've seen are Optronics and SeaSense. Just wondering what pros and cons might be out there for each.

· Registered
3,505 Posts
LEDs' are great. I used to go through trailer lights like crazy.They even make have them as caps for the trailer guide posts now. One thing I did do was I mounted the regular ones on top of the posts so they never hit the water. LEDs' last forever. My under gunnel lighting was 4 sets and they have been good for five years now.

· Registered
31,669 Posts
Barnicle bills is having a special on them.he reopens tomorrow.FUNNY THING IS I HAVE STANDARD LIGHTS ON MY 2001 VENTURE TRAILER WHICH I DUNK MOST WEEKENDS AND THEY ARE STILL ORIGINAL BULBS. THEY ARE SEALED UNITS SO IF THE BULB GOES,THE UNIT NEEDS REPLACING.

· Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Optronics or Seasense?

At this point, I'm just trying to get some user opinions on which brand they have had good experience with.

· Registered
593 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.