BASS BARN banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna try replacing line on my spinning reels for the first time today. Does the line go over the reel or under it? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
stevetheteacher said:
Gonna try replacing line on my spinning reels for the first time today. Does the line go over the reel or under it? Thanks!
it goes under the bail wire than tired around the spool, i think this answers your question??

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
stevetheteacher said:
I bring the new line threw the guide closest to the reel, then open the bail and tie to the spool and reel away. If the line twist flip the spool.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Steve,open the bail.....tie directly to the spool......close the bail.....and wind.Every now and then give some slack.If the line twists bad then flip the box or spool of line over.If you have any trouble understanding I'm sure you can find a "how to" video on You Tube.They have everything there.It's where I learned to shuck oysters.:)

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand the bail part, but I'm still confused if the new line goes under or over the actual reel itself before knotting it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Steve,if you're doing it with the reel attached to the rod,thread the line through the eyelets.When you get to your reel,open the bail,tie to the spool,close the bail,and wind.:)

·
Registered
322 Posts
stevetheteacher said:
I understand the bail part, but I'm still confused if the new line goes under or over the actual reel itself before knotting it.
It doesn't matter, Steve. Keep in mind, when you're winding it onto the reel, the bail is going round and round. The bail will pick it up whereever you have it coming on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts