BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wash Down Pump shot,Need to Replace,over the Years I’ve had many Boats with Salt water wash downs,some had good wash Downs and some had Poor one,this is the First time I’m Replacing one,what Make,Model,Wash Down Pump,do you Guys fine works the Best on your Boat,,,,I do Appreciate all Feed Back

·
Registered
429 Posts
Irish

If the pump is near the batteries as it is in my case...make sure it's ignition protected. Sea Sparks just gave me a reminder of this recently here in a similar discussion. I have a blaster and it works fine. I think I am adding a multiport Rule pump in the same circuit for my live bait well to take advantage of the one thru hull.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Washdown pump

I have replaced numerous washdown pumps. 5 yrs ago I took one that needed to be replaced to a small electric shop and they rewound the wiring in the pump. Cost me about half the price of a new one but she's still running. Fellow told me the pumps are not adaquately wired to last. He used better material and more of it. Still works fine. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Shurflo Extreme Pro Blaster 5.7GPM

I replaced my 3.5GPM with a Shurflo Extreme Pro Blaster 5.7GPM. Now I have real washdown power. :D

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I replaced my 3.5GPM with a Shurflo Extreme Pro Blaster 5.7GPM. Now I have real washdown power. :D

Was this an even swap? I have the same (3.5) looking to upgrade. Did you need to change any of the hoses or fitting sizes? Same thru hull? Amp breaker? My 3.5 is mounted onto the transom, did the old holes match? Was there a noticeable difference in pressure? The 3.5 pressure is pathetic unless you are doing 25 knots....Just curious.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
The 5.7 is a whole different animal! I did a replacment for a older 3.5 a while back. All I could say was wow!! The amount of pressure is noticeable, that's to say the least. With the snap in ports, changing out the lines was easy, I did change the strainer to the new style though. The existing wiring is probably good enough. I think the 5.7 draws like 2 more amps, not enough to notice.

I think the price was only about 60 bucks difference too if I remember.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Was this an even swap? I have the same (3.5) looking to upgrade. Did you need to change any of the hoses or fitting sizes? Same thru hull? Amp breaker? My 3.5 is mounted onto the transom, did the old holes match? Was there a noticeable difference in pressure? The 3.5 pressure is pathetic unless you are doing 25 knots....Just curious.

Thanks.
It was pretty much a straight forward replacement. The 5.7 comes with different fittings but it was an easy install. Like Tim Taylor from Tool Time says 'MORE POWER'.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.