BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my son Dante and MargaritaVille out today in hopes of some Fluke action in the Avalon area. Started out by Paddy's Hole with the remaining of the out going. water was clean and 78 degree's back there. Took a few drifts and nothing but shorts and junk. Okay so now we had some fresh bait. We worked our way back towards the inlet with no success and slack tide. I decided since it was so nice to take a ride out to the SI lump for a loosky. WOW flat as can be and beautiful. When we arrived we found a fleet of boats. I ran into Fin-Advisor who was entertaining the kids with cocktail blues on the troll. The water was as clear as I ever seen it. You could easily see the bottom at 25' of water, no exaggeration. The water temp was around 74. Fin-Advisor said it is only the third time he seen it like that in 26 years. Anyway we took a couple drifts and were catching nothing but shorts and junk. It was keeping my son excited but I could see Jason was getting bored

So we joined Rich on the troll for the Blues. The highlight of the day was when my son caught two snappers at once, he was so excited.

We then drifted a few more times and Jason finally picked up a 17 1/2" keeper, the only for the day. We headed back in and drifted the inlet and in front of the Yacht club with a ton of shorts as soon as your line hit the water. The water dropped down to 68 on the flood. Still very very clean. Jason thanks for the companionship, lets do it again real soon. Rich it was great seeing you out there in that awesome looking Sailfish ;)

[ 07-11-2004, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: RodFather ]

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
A Millbilly on the Rodfather? :D ;) Jason did ya learn some Flukeology? :D ;)

Just funnin guys, Glad you had a good trip! Nothing better than fishing with your son! Looks like Dante had a great time!

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
First off,
Rodfather and Dante, I was not bored at all. I really had a good time on the boat and a great change of pace from the ghetto that I fish in.

Rodfather, when did you snap the photo of me???
I never realized that I was that sexy.

Joe, I think you did the right thing by letting the starfish go, I think your boy would have been crushed it he took patrick home and he shrivled up. You must have thought I was half nuts when you looked back and I was almost falling out of the boat.

When rodfather says that you could see 25' to the bottom, he is not lying, you could see the bucktail bouncing off the lump. It was truly awesome to see that. Just would have liked to see a doormat swallow the bait.

BBunker, I did not ask many questions about fishing, but I can tell you that I was eyeballing Joe's technique on hooking flounder. I attempted to set the hook twice as many times as joe, but we caught about the same amount of fish. When he lifted his rod, there was a fish on the other line. Sometimes, just shutting up and watching is the best way to learn.

Once again Joe, thanks for the trip. You got a great boy there that is gonna be top hook real soon.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by BBunker:
A Millbilly on the Rodfather? :D ;)
Hey Bunk, this Millbilly has great potential to be an "On Da Rocks" (Updated version of TDW) team member. I can't wait to see him catch bass ;)

[ 07-11-2004, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: RodFather ]

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by NICK:
Yo Joe wattaya doin in my territory?
Skip, I call no port home. I terrorize them all :D

By the way the I may be calling you and Lew real soon, it may be starting ;)

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by MargaritaVille:

BBunker, I did not ask many questions about fishing, but I can tell you that I was eyeballing Joe's technique on hooking flounder. I attempted to set the hook twice as many times as joe, but we caught about the same amount of fish. When he lifted his rod, there was a fish on the other line. Sometimes, just shutting up and watching is the best way to learn.

Ja who are kidding, the very first drift you landed a fluke, I love these guys who play dumb :D
I learned the "TwinD's stab" from the master him self, what you never did get to wittness was the verbage that is suppose to go with it (need to catch many keepers) " YAHOOOOOO's I love's Flounder fishen" In your best fortescue voice :D

As far as the picture, well you can now be assured you will be in the 2004 highlights video, BUT, lets go out again and get some better ones ;)

[ 07-11-2004, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: RodFather ]

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Joe,

Yesterday was a great day to be floating on a boat and any type of catching was just a bonus.

Mighty fine crew you put together!

Nice going Dante on the double header bluefish!

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Originally posted by RodFather:

By the way the I may be calling you and Lew real soon, it may be starting ;)

Hey Joe, nice job out there, it sure was a beauiful day to be out with the kids. ;)

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Ja who are kidding, the very first drift you landed a fluke, I love these guys who play dumb
Rodfather,
Every once in a while a blind squirrel finds a nut.

I think we left out the highlight of the day.

Watching the guys out a SI lump trolling for snapper blues with standup tuna gear (a little exageration) and screaming like a shoobie on a party boat when they got a hit.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Hey rod father.,,good to see you out there as well.the day before I saw you we caught the fluke to the east.That was agreat weekend to have the kids in the ocean

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Joe, Dante, and Jason:

Sounds like a real nice trip out there. I pretty much did the same thing on Sunday- with the exception of catching snappers. Couldn't even find them.

What's this hint of something may be starting up real soon???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts