1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been getting some reports of a little
poaching going on around SouthJersey,And I
Guess Its That Time of the Year to Remind
Everyone and Give Out A Phone Number.......

With the influx of Summer Fishermen now hitting
our area and alot of them are un-aware of some
of the rules...
Size and Bag Limits are changing and we need
to keep our eyes open and report any wrong
doing..

Here is the N.J.Fish & WildLife's 24Hour Hotline:
(877)927-6337 and their regular number
(609-748-2050...
So If you can program these numbers in your
cell phones and look whats happening around you
if you can... Thanks,,,

Here are the Regs,
2004 Marine Recreational Fishing Regulations
Number One Thing to look our for and sometimes
overlooked are the regulations on Tautog(Tog)
and Seabass.
Tautog: 1 Fish Limit From Now 6/1 thru
11/14 with a 14"min.
Seabass: Bag Limit of 25@12"min...

It's Great To Educate-But Sometimes Some of
These People Just Don't Get It-
So Just Make The Call......................

Thanks,

[ 06-10-2004, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
:mad: A couple nights ago I went to a little spot I like to frequent for quick shots of striper/weakies. It's a lit dock. There were 2 kids(teenagers) fishing. At first I sat and watched there comedy show. As they ran around thge dock at high speeds chasing every fish that broke water. Finally one of the pukes hooked up. They netted it and it appeared to be about 20" if that. It never went back in the water. I asked one of them how big and he said about 28". (no friggin way) I then asked the other kid and he said 25" (closer, but still no friggin way) I then said I was going to call F&G and report them. The kid said "This is a private dock, thet can't do anything" My response was " ok, we'll see about that. I told him they have to be 24" and I know that one wasn't. I told him I was catching fish off that dock when he was in diapars pooing yellow. I said don't throw that fish over because there on the way. They looked at each other and ran to the end of the dock to discuss it. Then I went home.
I never did call, just wanted to scare them from doing it again.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
If it was only that easy :D . I used to frequent a jetty all the time where they'd probably get their annual salary in fines in a few days.

·
Banned
964 Posts
Any word on when they'll print the reg flyers in Mandarin and Russian? There's a few regulars on the jetties that don't speak english...

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The only poacher I've seen has been a round eye Comm Crabber...Watch out in Manhawkin Bay! Apparently this guy owns it :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.