BASS BARN banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Kids on spring break this week, so we took 'em to the Star Wars thing at the Franklin Institute. But I had to get out for a couple hours afterwards to try out the new deck. Arrived at the ramp around 4:30

Not a whole lot to say as far as figuring out a pattern, as I essentially just threw a crank (like I always do)
The first 90 minutes were BS, as I bounced back and forth across the lake trying to figure out where they were holding.

Finally about 5:30 or so my rod loads up on the wind-protected side of a point. My first decent keeper of the year goes 4.8lbs

About 15 minutes later, again in an area protected form the wind, I hook up with a feisty 2 pounder that thinks he's a smallmouth..
Putting on a nice aerial show for me and everything

Figured I'd leave on that good note at about 6pm.

(correction..date should be 3/25)

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Now if that can follow you in the tourneys you'll be set, I'm going to be fishing there, dont know when but this time I'm stayen;) Way to cartchem up.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
shamoo said:
Now if that can follow you in the tourneys you'll be set, I'm going to be fishing there, dont know when but this time I'm stayen;) Way to cartchem up.
Yeah, big tournament at Assunpink this weekend, so yesterday helped as far as confidence goes (confidence.. I consider it to be HUGE in tournament fishing)

Won't be fishing nearly as many T's this year because the kids are now at T-ball/softball age.

Lemme know if you're gonna hit Gropps, maybe I'll be able to swing by and say hey.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I've never had a great day out there for largemouth, but I have slammed the crappie in there before. I also bowfish back in there too.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Look at the fat girl! Nice fish!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not to come off sounding like a smart a$$ but you might wanna check your scale.This is a 4 lbs 11 oz that I caught today.With that being said it looks like I coulda used your alleged 4 lbs 8 oz for bait.:D I'de say there's more than a 3 oz difference between the two.Nice catch bro but if that bass is almost 5 lbs then I'm Johnny Holmes.;)

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Scales fine Mr. Holmes (I think). She was a smidge under 20"

I probably could have made it look bigger if I had held it out to the camera too

·
Registered
66 Posts
All in good fun friend.I just bust stones alot.A nice fish is a nice fish.It was a nice catch.:) Lookin at where you're from I assume you fish at Olympia Lakes alot?I gotta get there before the back end overgrasses like it does every late spring.Lotta good action around the islands starting about now.Again,congrats.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually, I've never fished Olympia. I mostly frequent Gropps, Mercer and Carnegie, and whatever is on my clubs schedule.

Heard good things about Olympia though

·
Registered
317 Posts
Tims fish looks about right for the length. nice fish. Hawg, your fish should be around 6-7 lbs if it was around 24 inches. My 25 inch was 8 lbs.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Perhaps rr331.Mabey it's my scale that's broke who knows.Anyway like I said,wasn't trying to be a jerk,just bustin stones.Sometimes sarcasm and dry humor doesn't come out the right way on message boards.I will say this though.I place more emphasis on girth than length when it comes to weight.I've caught numerous 25" bass that were skinny and underfed weighing in at only 3 lbs.Blame it on forage,too much competition in the food chain,ect. but long doesn't always mean heavy.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Wow, not sure where you are at, but nowhere in the Mid Atlantic that I am aware of is there as much current green foliage as is evident in you picture. Looks more like early May to me......BUSTED!! :eek:

P.S. Unless it's a tourney, who cares that your fish was .05 ounces heavier or whatever point you are trying to make. Nice fish Tim, clearly your photo was actually shot THIS year.

hawg-catcher said:
Not to come off sounding like a smart a$$ but you might wanna check your scale.This is a 4 lbs 11 oz that I caught today.With that being said it looks like I coulda used your alleged 4 lbs 8 oz for bait.:D I'de say there's more than a 3 oz difference between the two.Nice catch bro but if that bass is almost 5 lbs then I'm Johnny Holmes.;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well Evensteven since ya asked the tree to the left of me is an evergreen which are green year round and the washington apple blossom trees which are green would have white or pink flowers (depending on the type) in early may.Next time I'll have a friend hold up a copy of the days local paper next to me focusing in on the date for all you know it alls out there.This isn't watergate guys....it's a message board save the conspiracy theorys for the polititions.;)

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hawg-catcher said:
This isn't watergate guys....it's a message board save the conspiracy theorys for the polititions.;)
LOL, don't let the haters bother you, they're just jealous of your mad photoshop skills!

FWIW, I didn't take your post to be anything other than just busting chops, it's all good.

(and your fish is bigger..but mine's prettier) :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts