BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would take this to the end of the month so I could wish all of you a blessed holiday season & a safe, healthy & prosperous New Year. Ron

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Same to you and the family.
Here to all of my freinds. Some old, and some I have not yet met.
Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
Good Wishes for the Holidays to everyone. What a difference a day makes. Was warm yesterday, lots of birds feeding in the yard and using the bird bath. Today it feels like the artic. Fly fishing reports will probably be slim to none as the year comes to a close. Again everyone have a good one.

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bringing this back to the top. Ron

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Left the Keys for a couple of weeks on Dauphin Island. Fished the beach this PM, had 2 spotted trout & one redfish on clousers. Great weather &flat seas. Ron

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
Sparse, you are on of the last men standing, or fishing. Couldn't fish here even if you wanted to. It has been windy forever. If I had one of those electric windmills I would be producing meg watts.
Get some fish and enjoy the warm weather and keep us posted.

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
Hey, Chris, are you still holding down the fort for the rest of us or have you called it quits for the season? I know you only stop when there is as much ice in the boat as on the outside.

·
Administrator
7,486 Posts
Ray,
It's awful nice out right now, and the H20 is not too cold. Lotta little fella's still 'bout, but ya never know.
No ice, but lotsa diving ducks.
Boat is running.

REN

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
Chris, I guess you are still catching? If so what are you getting them on and how are you working it? Real slow? I never tried for bass with a fly with the water this cold. If you are catching, I might be tempted to try a couple of jetties down at the point.

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Go ahead Chris. Glad you are still getting out.

Ray Get out there. Sod banks.

Hit 78 yesterday. Sorry. Ron

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
Looked at the beach this morning with flyrods in the truck, incase I needed them. Didn't see anything along Cape May, so I went to the point and looked around. One Loon in the water and it was pretty dirty. Beautiful weather. Saw one lone boat fishing the rips. Didn't see anything to make me even want to try.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts