BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
February can be one of the worst weather months of the year. With that said, if you have any reports, please do not spot burn, but any information you can supply is always a help; time of day, tide, weather conditions, depth of ice,:eek: severity of snow drifts:D & any other pertinent information. Do make the most of the month guys-nothing wrong with tying flies & don't forget BARNFEST 2010

·
Registered
7,756 Posts
Ron, it is so cold here in Cape May, it is impossible to burn a spot. Not even with a flame thrower.:D On my way up to therapy this morning the creeks up to the parkway were pretty well frozen it looked like the ducks were finding it hard to find any water.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Ditto on the other side of the ditch, ray. c'mon spring... how is the hip? you dancin' a jig yet?

·
Registered
931 Posts
I spent the weekend in Strathmere visiting my dad who is not doing that great but hanging in there, and cleaning up his house. Just in case I brought along a new colton 7wt and a well used colton 9wt, waders, stripping basket and flies. Not much warmer then 25, strong winds on saturday and we got 6+ inches of snow, not the best for fly fishing. The closest I got to flyfishing was walking the point with a beer in my hand...

·
Registered
7,756 Posts
No dancing the jig yet, but each day there seems to be a little less swelling in the leg and they keep working the muscles pretty good at each theraphy session. Everyday it feels a little better. I still feel like I am progressing right on schedule.

John, sorry to hear about your dad. With the winter blast it was not the best place to spend the weekend and it would certainly wake you up if you went out side. We seemed to get it the worst. We officially had 10 inches and I had to hire some one to dig me out.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ron

This may tickle your funny bone.

'What do you call a Clouser deep minnow this time of year?'

'A dry fly!'

It's old - but it still works.

Ray

You're gonna' need that kid to dig you out again on Saturday - last I heard they were calling for 8" to 12" or more in Cape May.

Jim

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jim Good-un.

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually was in the water yesterday. Friend lost a prop in his canal & I went for it. 69 degrees so yes it has warmed a little. Now if the wind would quit----.

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where will you be?

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Used to go to that area a lot, Marco Island. Hope you enjoy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Flight cancelled already due to snow so I pushed it back a week....looks like the next 4 days were going to be pretty cold anyhow... any action on the bay side down your way?

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nothing except Chinese wind. How Ling. :)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Just got back to Jersey from coupla weeks down there. Fished out of Islamorada one day and had (amongst 3 guys) a sail, 5 king macks, coupla mutton snappers and several small grouper throwbacks. Plenty of bait. Nobody fishing back bays. Caught a little barracuda from oceanfront dock. Went over to Ft Myers beach/Sanibel and fishing inshore dead, and heard reports you had to go 30+ miles into gulf to score - and that was impossible with high winds. Wore a lot of winter clothes down there. Great to be back - had to get guy to plough out so could get car up to garage to unload, and spent solid days digging to get walks. Tomorrow - chain saw on downed trees, branches etc. Fortunately nothing fell on boat parked, covered, on driveway. Was Florida worth it? Definitely.

·
Registered
7,756 Posts
Like they say tough fishing in warm weather is better than no fishing up north. Not that much fun when you have to wear winter clothes when in Fla. Should of stayed another month and maybe the snow would be gone, but the way we are going, it may still be around.

Don't forget we have a fly club meeting this Thursday night. I hope they plowed the parking lot.

·
Registered
7,756 Posts
Rob it is at the Bay Center in Ocean City. Come into Ocean City over the 9th street bridge and make a left on to Bay Ave. and go down maybe 5 blocks and it is on the left hand side. It is right across from a big ball field. It is a big building that looks like a house. Meeting starts at 7:00 pm but most of us get there around 6:30 pm. www.southjerseycoastalflyanglers.com they have picture and instructions on how to get there.

Stop buy and check us out.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts