BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just checked the PO Box, and had this letter in there waiting for me. It is from Nick Asselta, and reads...

----------------------------------------

Dear Captain Crouthamel:

Thank you for your recent correspondence to my office expressing your support of Senate bill 1691, of which I am a primary sponsor. I understand the emergent situation regading the potential striped bass fishing moratorium. The livelihood of your business is at stake.

As I am sure you are aware, S1691 and its Assembly companion bill, A3007, are both currently waiting to be posted in the Senate Environment Committee. I have asked the Chairman of that committee, Senator Bob Smith, to consider the drastic impact a delay in posting this bill would have and to post it immediately.

It should be noted that the second Primary Sponsor of S1691 is Senator Stephen Sweeney, who is also Vice Chairman of the Senate Environment Committee. If you would like to contact these Senators, you may do so through the following information:

Senator Bob Smith
216 Stelton Road, Suite E-5
Piscataway, NJ 08854
(732) 752-0770

Senator Stephen Sweeney
Kingsway Commons
935 Kings Highway, Suite 400
Thorofare, NJ 08086
(856) 339-0808

I appreciate your support regarding the passage of S1691. It is my intention, with your support, to get this legislation approved as soon as possible. If you have any further concerns regarding this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact me. In the meantime, I remain,

Sincerely,

Nicholas Asselta
State Senator

--------------------------------------

Come on people! They are listening. Let's get it DONE!

G

·
Adam , i called Nick Asselta Friday he said the same thing.I wonder if a call or letter to Frank Lobiondo to keep the Feds from shutting us down will help?

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
I got same letter and I wrote to those other 2 guys same day I wrote Asselta

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I fired letters at everyone I could find. I got a letter from Jibson and expect letters from Asselta and gang. I did not think of LoBiondo I guess it cant hurt.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We might as well send some letters LoBiondo's way. I am going to look for his address. If anyone else has it or comes upon it, please post it so we can all jump on the bandwagon.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Adam,
Here is Congressman LoBiondo's address and phone number. I might add Senator Sweeney is aware how important it is to get this bill passed ASAP.

District Office

5914 Main Street
Mays Landing, New Jersey 08330
1 (800) 471-4450 or (609) 625-5008 (phone),
(609) 625-5071 (fax)

Washington Office

225 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515
(202) 225-6572 (phone),

[ 09-08-2004, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: Captblock ]

·
Registered
316 Posts
Just faxed off a letter to Congressmen Lobindo. Thanks guys.

Zero Tolerance
28 Albemarle
Hinch Marina

·
Registered
395 Posts
Happy to see your responses.

I'm curious!

Do you thing the Barn should establish a committee to notify everyone on these matters?
I'm sure you are aware of RFA.
How many of us are members of the RFA.

It's not really expensive.
Yes, they are lobbyists.

Isn't this how legislation works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.