BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Older, dont know how to describe it other than dome or igloo shaped. Located in Broomall, Delaware County, PA. Looking to get $100.

Thanks.

[ 04-06-2005, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: BobEver ]

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Is this an indoor gas log unit or a regular wood burner?
Do you have any pics you can email?
Let me know
Thanks
Scott
[email protected]

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scott:

It burns regular wood logs. As to pix, I presently dont have any, and the thing is in the back of my garage. If you might still be interested I can try to get some pix over the weekend.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Mrs. Crabbs:
Cute Bob...Hey, send me a real pic when you get one...I may be able to use another one...
Crabbs, I meant the fireplace was shaped like that, not the chick. ;)

If I can drag the fireplace out of the back of my garage this weekend, I will get some pix.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Bob,

is it setup for outdoor use or indoor use with a vent?

Where is it located?

Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scott: I suppose it can be used outside, but was originally intended for inside use with a vent. I bought it a few years back at a local flea market but never got around to installing it. It has been sitting in my garage, which I am now trying to clean out so I can put the small power boat I just bought in it.

It is located in Broomall PA, which is more or less Rte 95 S past Philly Airport to Rte 476 north for about 9 miles. Alternatively Rte 295 S to Rte 322 West Over Comm Barry Bridge, then north on Rte 95 to Rte 476 North for about 9 miles.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Bob - I am looking for a retro indoor gas fireplace - it sounds similiar to the one you have except yours is wood burning... What color is the unit? Is it a sheetmetal type of unit or cast iron? It appears you are about 50 miles from me - a pic would really help...
Thanks and sorry for any trouble
Scott

·
Registered
14,739 Posts
Originally posted by BobEver:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mrs. Crabbs:
Cute Bob...Hey, send me a real pic when you get one...I may be able to use another one...
Crabbs, I meant the fireplace was shaped like that, not the chick. ;)

If I can drag the fireplace out of the back of my garage this weekend, I will get some pix.
</font>[/QUOTE]:D

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Srabb and Mrs Crabbs:

The lovely weekend weather stopped me from being able to pull it out of the garage to take pix. Will do asap. I did look it over, and its black in colour.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Just let me know when you get pics - I am interested but want to make sure its the style we have been looking for before I drive over there.

Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Scott:

I Took it out of the garage yesterday and tried to get pix, unfortunately the damn digi cam wouldnt work. I do hope to have my friend take some for me later today tho. BTW the fireplace is black. Comes with vent pipes, grate, screen, tools, etc.

Took a look on ebay and there are similar ones there, two of which have reserves of $350. Evidently these are vitage items with some demand for them. There is another one on which current bidding is up to $162. The one I have is similar to the ones in the ebay pix, except it is black.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=85916&item=4370888289&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=63592&item=7312500720&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=63592&item=7311913668&rd=1

1 - 20 of 29 Posts