BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Special Weather Statementfrom the National Weather Service:

NEW CASTLE-KENT DE-INLAND SUSSEX-DELAWARE BEACHES-CECIL-KENT MD- QUEEN ANNE'S-TALBOT-CAROLINE-SUSSEX-WARREN-MORRIS-HUNTERDON- SOMERSET-MIDDLESEX-WESTERN MONMOUTH-EASTERN MONMOUTH-MERCER-SALEM- GLOUCESTER-CAMDEN-NORTHWESTERN BURLINGTON-OCEAN-CUMBERLAND- ATLANTIC-CAPE MAY-ATLANTIC COASTAL CAPE MAY-COASTAL ATLANTIC- COASTAL OCEAN-SOUTHEASTERN BURLINGTON-CARBON-MONROE-BERKS-LEHIGH- NORTHAMPTON-CHESTER-MONTGOMERY-BUCKS-DELAWARE-PHILADELPHIA- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...WILMINGTON...DOVER...GEORGETOWN... REHOBOTH BEACH...ELKTON...CHESTERTOWN...CENTREVILLE...EASTON... DENTON...NEWTON...WASHINGTON...MORRISTOWN...FLEMINGTON... SOMERVILLE...NEW BRUNSWICK...FREEHOLD...SANDY HOOK...TRENTON... PENNSVILLE...GLASSBORO...CAMDEN...CHERRY HILL...MOORESTOWN... MOUNT HOLLY...JACKSON...MILLVILLE...HAMMONTON... CAPE MAY COURT HOUSE...OCEAN CITY...ATLANTIC CITY... LONG BEACH ISLAND...WHARTON STATE FOREST...JIM THORPE... STROUDSBURG...READING...ALLENTOWN...BETHLEHEM...WEST CHESTER... NORRISTOWN...DOYLESTOWN...MEDIA 303 PM EST THU JAN 12 2006
...LOCALLY HEAVY RAIN POSSIBLE FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SATURDAY...THEN TURNING COLDER WITH RAIN POSSIBLY CHANGING TO SNOW BEFORE ENDING SATURDAY NIGHT...

A STORM SYSTEM...DEVELOPING OVER THE CENTRAL PLAINS STATES...IS EXPECTED TO TRACK INTO THE OHIO VALLEY LATE FRIDAY...REACH THE MID ATLANTIC COAST SATURDAY...THEN INTENSIFY AS IT MOVES NORTHEAST TO THE CANADIAN MARITIMES BY SUNDAY MORNING. THIS STORM IS EXPECTED TO DRAW MOISTURE FROM BOTH THE GULF OF MEXICO AND ATLANTIC OCEAN INTO OUR REGION...RESULTING IN LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL.

WITH RELATIVELY MILD AIR IN PLACE, RAIN IS EXPECTED TO MOVE INTO THE AREA LATE FRIDAY OR EARLY FRIDAY NIGHT. THE RAIN MAY BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SATURDAY AND THERE MAY EVEN BE A FEW THUNDERSTORMS OVER EXTREME SOUTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA, CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY, DELAWARE, AND NORTHEAST MARYLAND. RAINFALL AMOUNTS SHOULD AVERAGE 3/4 TO 1 1/2 INCHES WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS, ESPECIALLY IN AREAS WHERE CONVECTION DEVELOPS. THESE RAINFALL AMOUNTS ARE EXPECTED TO PRODUCE SIGNIFICANT WITHIN BANK RISES ON MANY OF THE AREAS RIVERS, STREAMS, AND CREEKS...ESPECIALLY IN THE POCONOS AND NORTHWEST NEW JERSEY WHERE SNOWMELT WILL ADD TO THE RUNOFF.

MUCH COLDER AIR WILL BEGIN TO MOVE INTO THE AREA ON THE BACK SIDE OF THE STORM SATURDAY NIGHT. THIS MAY ALLOW THE RAIN TO CHANGE TO SNOW BEFORE TAPERING OFF LATE SATURDAY NIGHT. SOME ACCUMULATION IS POSSIBLE, ESPECIALLY IN THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS OF THE POCONOS AND NORTHWEST NEW JERSEY. TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED TO DROP BELOW FREEZING IN MOST LOCATIONS SATURDAY NIGHT. THIS, ALONG WITH THE PREVIOUS WET ROADWAYS AND THE POSSIBILITY OF ADDITIONAL PRECIPITATION IN THE FORM OF SNOW, WILL CAUSE TRAVELING CONDITIONS TO DETERIORATE OVERNIGHT. ADDITIONALLY, WINDS WILL BECOME NORTHWEST 15 TO 25 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS SATURDAY NIGHT INTO SUNDAY. THIS WILL PRODUCE WIND CHILL TEMPERATURES IN THE SINGLE DIGITS FOR THE POCONOS AND NORTHWEST NEW JERSEY, AND IN THE TEENS TO LOWER 20S ELSEWHERE.

From What I Can Tell,It Will Be Back To The Fifty's By Day And Maybe Even Hitting 60 Again Next Week.Today Was Our Third Day This Week That It 60 Degrees Down Here. Now if we could only bottle this for up the next 6 weeks we will be in great shape come 3/1/06 for a little BackBay Bassing..p.

[ 01-12-2006, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think your right guys, one can only hope it will last.I have a ton of things to do in March
un-fishing related and I just know its going to come down hard. So in way I wouldn't mine as long as April & May are Cool Weather Wise...

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
Even if it does get cold, it'll only be a month until its March.
PECO must be cryin' in their soup. :D

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was just insane early this morning before sunrise driving through that Lighting Storm and found out after I got home there was a Tornado Watch over South Jersey at the time. It is the Middle Of January - Right ?

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Well woke up this morning to 4" of snow in my backyard. :eek: What waky weather. I drove home from the Flyers game yesterday in a nasty sleet storm for five minutes, then snow for another 5 minutes and then back to rain. Go figure Mother Nature.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep Just Outside Of LBI has at least 4"'s and higher drifts, not sure about the island...

·
Registered
912 Posts
I hope this warm winter continues as March stripers will start biting early. We might get that Graveling point striper in the first week not the end of march. Oh wait a minute with the new regs I bet it wont be till April till that first keeper is caught. Graveling point gives up tons of slots. Less bigger ones. Not that it doesnt but tons of slots are going back this year.

Brian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.