BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On April 15th I will be speaking on back bay flounder fishing. Tim from the Mug will do deep water flounder fishing.

Figured that a good number of Barners are going to attend so I wanted some feedback.

I could go on for hours about flounder fishing but I won't. I have lots of ideas on what to talk about but it will help if you guys give me a few ideas on where you want me to go on this subject.

Feedback will give me an idea and will cut down on wasted time for all of us. Can't promise anything but will look at every suggestion.

Thanks. :D

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Bump !

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Some subjects that would be interesting:
1. Effects of weather on back bay fishing
2. Effects of tide on back bay fishing
3. How you pick the spots you fish
4. Baits you like to use
5. Terminal tackle
6. Fishing technique
7. Best times to fish

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Chunking, I think that Capt Harv nailed it on the head. I am sure there will be alot of questions for you and Tim at the end of your sermins. Looking forward to learning new techniques and tactics for this up and coming season.

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
i agree capt harv hit it prety good,looks like i'm gona have to bum a ride on someones boat that attends the meeting, work is causeing me to miss this one.not only i'm i missing fishing scerects i'm also missing important anlgers issues too.

freedom oys

·
Registered
13,030 Posts
Dave,
You don't have to be a member of the RFA, and you don't have to be from Pa. Just come and enjoy. HAPPY DAYS.

Ding

·
Registered
655 Posts
These days, the RFA annual dues include membership in your State chapter.

The cost of joining is pretty small compared to the cost of the things that environmentalists, commercial fisherman, crokked politicians, etc, will do to our pastime, if we let them run like they have been.

So if you fish, please join!

·
Registered
11,236 Posts
I think we need to get a crash test dummy to ask Fred some of the questions we think are stupid. This was if they are stupid the dumbies feeling won't be hurt.

Biggest, you volunteered. I see him with his hand up in the back. :D

·
Registered
13,997 Posts
for chunking,

Fred, do some favorite areas produce year after year, or do you find the fish change location and/or depth each year? In other words, in one particular year they like channel bends that are fifteen feet deep, and then next year they want channel bends that are ten feet deep.etc

Phil

·
Registered
16,352 Posts
We want spots :D

How bout some tips on changing up your strategies in the back once 8 am hits and the boat traffic either turns off the fish in the channels, or prevents you from fishing the channels.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Water Depth Incoming versus Outgoing??

I'll shoot for attending. Current schedule has me away for business that week - but that always changes.

BTW - is there a link to RFA for new membership?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.